About Cornell Scott-Hill Health Center:
Established in 1968 in a collaboration between the community and Yale School of Medicine, the Cornell Scott-Hill Health Center (CS-HHC) has a long history of serving New Haven neighborhoods, which are among the most disadvantaged in the State. The first Federally Qualified Community Health Center in Connecticut, Cornell Scott-Hill Health Center also provides health care services to those from the City of West Haven and towns in the Lower Naugatuck Valley, Ansonia, Seymour, Shelton, Naugatuck, and Oxford.
Today, the Cornell Scott-Hill Health Center is proud to stand as a national leader in community healthcare, offering state-of-the-art and integrated care at over twenty care sites throughout New Haven County. We serve over 49,000 patients each year and work hard every day to continue the important work that Mr. Scott started, keeping closely in mind his advocacy for community healthcare and his passion to meet the healthcare needs of the underserved.
The Cornell Scott-Hill Health Center is a Joint Commission accredited institution and as such it is held accountable to the highest standards and best practices in safe and effective care.
About the Position:
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of CS-HHC. This position has oversight for the development, design, operation, and improvement of the systems that create and deliver CS-HHC’s services. The COO ensures that business operations are efficient and effective and that proper management of resources, distribution of goods and services to customers, and analysis of queue systems is executed.
- Serves in advisory capacity to the Board of Directors, CEO, other senior staff including CFO and all other areas of Cornell Scott - Hill Health Corporation on all operational matters
- Serves as a member and provides support and coordination to the Personnel and Finance Committees of the Board of Directors, and any other appropriate committees as assigned by the CEO
- In collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer or CFO, develop and implements organizational evaluation procedures designed to ensure achievement of annual goals and objectives
- Provides direct management and supervision to Director of Health Information and Clinic Administrative staff including satellite managers
- Responsible for effective integration and coordination of all operation areas to ensure efficient operations, aggressive planning for growth and organizational productivity, optimal working conditions, recruitment/retention, coordination among sites/services and high level of customer satisfaction
- In collaboration with Chief Executive Officer and CFO, pursue contracting initiatives to ensure consistent growth, revenue that meets expense needs and sales/marketing efforts are oriented toward the Mission, vision and plan of Hill Health
- In cooperation with CEO and in collaboration with other organizational leadership, participates in planning activities to ensure compliance with the operational objectives of CS-HHC
- Represents CS-HHC with the external provider community to ensure favorable presence in any local, regional, and/or state initiatives that may facilitate the delivery of services to current and additional populations
- Working with other Executive staff, develops and maintains effective relationships with all funding agencies and other payers
- Actively participates in community, regional and state organizations that advance professional visibility and effectiveness of CS-HHC
- Provides and encourages strong, active leadership to all levels of staff
- Advises CEO proactively on all potential problems and puts forward proposals for solution
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the CEO
Base salary will be commensurate with experience and will take into consideration a range of $250,000 to $300,000. Bonus potential and a generous benefits package will be offered.