Reporting to the President & CEO, Brent Burkey, MD, the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) at Fisher-Titus Medical Center will work with the Senior Leadership Team to help direct, coordinate and evaluate the clinical operations of the system to ensure safe and quality patient care, fiscal responsibility, operational efficiency and integrity, and the provision of comprehensive health services. Specifically, this leader will oversee the Medical Staff Office and all aspects of the medical center’s Quality and Clinical Resource Management.
- Supports the organization's mission, vision and values while making them operationally viable.
- Will ensure the organization's clinical objectives and policies are articulated and executed, leading the development and implementation of long-term strategy while developing and assuring organizational accountabilities.
- Serves as a liaison and advocate between the Medical Staff and Administration, working closely with both groups to ensure clinical functions maintain a high quality of medicine and clinical outcomes that Fisher-Titus patients have become accustomed to.
- Provides oversight and leadership of the Quality and Clinical Resource Department, Infection Control, Patient Safety, Hospitalists and Medical Staff Office.
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Healthcare Administration or related field preferred.
- Board certified in a specialty recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialists.
- Current state medical license without restrictions.
- Leadership experience within a hospital or healthcare system preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute a clinical strategy across a complex organization, garnering support from the provider community and coalescing internal teams.
- Sense of urgency for goal achievement
- Ability to manage varied activities simultaneous projects
- Accustomed to a fast-paced environment
- Results focus idea generation, innovative and creative problem-solving; demonstrated accountability for results
- Strong rapport and relationship building focused on achieving results
- Engagement skills to delegate to and drive commitment of others
- Collaborative decision-making but also the ability to take risks and be action-oriented
- Ability to execute quick decision making in response to changing conditions