The selected candidate will be responsible for managing P&L results and all aspects of a wholesale/retail operations and installation center in a newly established Chicago area facility in McHenry, Illinois. Reporting to a multi-site General Manager of the Knapheide Truck Equipment Company, this leader will oversee approximately 50-60 employees. The GM will be accountable for growing sales and market share in the territory, concentrating primarily on commercial dealers, municipalities, utilities, and end users. Exemplary quality, on-time delivery, meeting productivity targets, and customer focus are key measures of success at all KTEC locations.
- A Bachelors degree in business, engineering, or related is required; an MBA is preferred.
- Ten or more years’ progressive work experience in all aspects of plant or site management in a production environment involving metal fabrication, welding, painting, and general mechanical assembly operations.
- Team builder and team player with strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience in building an operating plan, managing a P&L, and achieving cost efficiency and bottom-line results.
- A strong systems background in shop floor scheduling, supply chain/materials management, and spread sheet analytics; experience and competency using all Microsoft Office applications is expected.
- A background in managing shop floor operations with demonstrated experience in 6S, Lean Manufacturing, or other formal productivity improvement programs.
- A proactive orientation to customer service, and experience participating in business development, sales management, and large account support.
- Experience in implementing sound safety practices and a safety culture.
- Production and/or site management experience in business sectors involving automotive or truck/trailer equipment, or distribution of capital equipment.
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills, excellent mentoring abilities, and a history of building relationships at all levels in the organization.
- A professional image and strong work ethic, in addition to demonstrated management and organizational abilities, good communication and listening skills, and a highly flexible, “hands-on” approach to the workplace.
- Willingness to travel approximately 10% of the time, including overnight and day trips.