About The diaTribe Foundation
The diatribe Foundation is fiercely committed to improving the lives of people living with diabetes. Currently, one in seven adults in the United States has diabetes and one in three has prediabetes. By 2040, it is estimated that over 640 million adults worldwide will have diabetes. To fight this growing crisis, the diatribe Foundation is on a mission to improve the lives of people with diabetes and prediabetes and to advocate for action.
A growing national nonprofit organization founded in 2013 by renowned diabetes advocate Kelly Close, we are creating a societal shift in which reducing the burdens of diabetes, or eliminating the disease entirely, becomes a priority for everyone including clinicians, scientists, governments, nonprofits, businesses, and people with diabetes. Because there is no single solution to address diabetes, the diaTribe Foundation uses both education and advocacy to address type 2, type 1, and prediabetes and to change existing diabetes narratives.
We have been able to amplify our impact thanks to an exceptionally robust growth in funds raised every year since our founding. With a current budget of $4.2M and continued growth planned, this is an exciting time to join the team and be part of real impact in the diabetes space.
For more information on our initiatives and results, please visit our website.
- We are currently seeking an extraordinary leader to advance our work and continue to increase our impact in the role of Chief Partnerships and Development Officer. This is an exciting opportunity to join the executive team of a strong and growing global nonprofit organization to ensure continued growth in funds raised and impact on people with diabetes. Reporting to the CEO, you will lead and set the direction for the partnerships and development team and have ultimate responsibility for achieving revenue goals.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work in partnership with the CEO and executive team to provide leadership and strategic direction for the organization
- Build and execute a strategy to increase revenue to ensure increased impact for people with diabetes
- Ensure revenue growth through a balanced mix of new and existing donors and donor types (corporate, foundation, major donors, grassroots) to ensure long-term sustainability
- Develop annual and monthly revenue budgets; create and execute annual and monthly fundraising strategies and plans to meet goals in collaboration with the development team, including cultivation strategies for each prospect
- Effectively lead and manage development team of 3.5 FTEs to ensure success and professional growth
- Work with the diaTribe program team to understand possible new programs or projects that are strategically aligned with diaTribe and potential funding partners
- Manage, measure, and report on the status of all fundraising activities to ensure success in meeting our revenue goals; develop leadership team and board meeting presentations and reports
- Stay informed of key diabetes industry and policy updates and trends
You will be a strong candidate for the Chief Partnerships and Development Officer position if you exhibit many, if not all, of the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- Demonstrated success generating revenue from a variety of sources, including corporations, foundations, and individual donors
- Self-motivated and able to work confidently and collaboratively within the organization and with funding partners
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including exceptional writing skills and the ability to communicate complex information through multiple vehicles and to varied audiences
- Strong relationship-building skills to understand partner goals and interests and develop strategies and proposals that align with our mutual goals
- Creative thinker with the ability to lead a team in a fast-paced environment with high standards of excellence
- Outstanding leadership capability combined with exceptional execution skills
- Knowledge of the healthcare ecosystem and/or diabetes preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Full healthcare and dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with 3% match
- Gym membership subsidy and yoga and mindfulness subsidy
- Three weeks paid vacation, nine paid holidays plus week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Long- and short-term disability and life insurance benefits
- A top team of talented and high performing professionals
- Access to a high-powered Board of Directors and other experts and professionals in the field
The diaTribe Foundation seeks to build a team that reflects the diversity we celebrate in our nation and community. We welcome and encourage all qualified applicants who share our vision, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our work and this mission. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position, and we do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law.
Koya Partners has been exclusively retained for this engagement. To express interest in this role please submit your materials here. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Koya Partners is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals living with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual living with a disability and need assistance expressing interest online, please email NonprofitSearchOps@divsearch.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.