Director, Division of Endocrinology and Charles and Anne Duncan Centennial Chair in Endocrinology
The Department of Medicine at Houston Methodist seeks a physician leader to serve as Director, Division of Endocrinology and Charles and Anne Duncan Centennial Chair in Endocrinology. The Houston Methodist Division of Endocrinology is proud to be ranked #9 in the country in US News and World Report 2022 rankings. The Division comprises a team of experts focused on delivering high quality and comprehensive patient care across Houston Methodist, in both the hospital and outpatient settings. Our group includes board-certified endocrinologists, mid-level providers, certified diabetes educators, nurses, and pharmacists. The Houston Methodist Hospital Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Fellowship Program is fully accredited by ACGME and accepts alternating two and three fellows per year (for a total of five fellows).
The Houston Methodist System comprises a leading academic medical center located in the Texas Medical Center and seven community hospitals serving the Greater Houston area. Houston Methodist Hospital, the system's flagship, is the #1 hospital in Texas and the #15 hospital in America according to U.S. News & World Report. The magazine named Houston Methodist one of the country's best in 10 specialties, ranked in more specialties than any other hospital in Texas.
The Division Director will provide strategic, innovative, and operational leadership, and will have responsibility and accountability for the clinical and academic performance of the Division within the Department of Internal Medicine. A strong record of collaborative leadership and commitment to excellence in clinical, research, and academic service is essential. Successful candidates will have a national stature in academic endocrinology, excellent interpersonal skills, and a record of innovative and effective administrative experience, and will foster collaborative interactions with private endocrinologists, students, residents, fellows, staff, and faculty.
It is expected that candidates will qualify for appointment to the faculty at Houston Methodist Academic Institute, Weill Cornell Medical College, and Texas A&M University School of Medicine at the rank of associate or full professor. Houston Methodist Hospital faculty engage in teaching, research, and clinical inpatient and ambulatory service.
Houston Methodist Hospital is committed to expanding its reputation as a top tier academic, patient care–focused educational and research facility. This role offers a unique opportunity to build a world-class division with the goal of earning placement in the top ten of US News and World Report national rankings.
- Provide strategic leadership and vision for the Division.
- Foster the growth of clinical, translational, and basic research in the Endocrinology Division and in collaboration with other Department of Medicine divisions as well as departments and investigators in the Houston Methodist Research Institute.
- Recruit subspecialized faculty as appropriate to meet academic and clinical needs.
- Oversee the cutting-edge medical education of all trainees (students, residents, and fellows) to meet or exceed accrediting agency requirements and provide support for the Fellowship Program Director.
- MD or DO (or foreign equivalent), active board certification in Endocrinology
- Eligibility for an unrestricted medical license in Texas
- Outstanding clinical skills and a national reputation in the field
- Strong record of peer-reviewed publications
- Track record of serving as principal investigator on clinical and/or translational research grants or contracts preferred
For more information or to apply, please email Page Ettle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Houston Methodist Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. HMH will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist Hospital on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.