Judee von Seldeneck, Founder and Chair of the Diversified Search Group, joined Dan Loney on Wharton Business Daily to discuss the hiring boom and demand for talent resulting from vaccinations and an extra boost from the 1.9-trillion American Rescue Plan. She also addresses the challenges of leading a business during a pandemic, diversity, remote work, and renewed focus on employee wellbeing.
- The rising demand for new leadership and diverse talent has led to a 30% surge in new business for Diversified Search Group.
- The strongest sectors are higher education, financial services, and boards of directors. There is a lot of interest in diversity, with states like California and other government sectors mandating representation in boards of directors.
- The continued economic stability is a confidence boost for employers, resulting in the increasing demand for talent.
- The pandemic has led to an increase in remote work. Employee poll results show a favorable response to working from home, with major corporations like Google, Twitter, and other corporate entities adopting a more flexible work arrangement. The future of work points to a hybrid environment. “It’s clear we’re not going back to the way things were,” says Judee.
- Culture is an important part of businesses. What do employees need from employers to stay engaged and do good work? This is the challenge for today’s businesses — building a strong culture and keeping employees happy, while also running a successful business. It’s all about your people!
Listen to the podcast episode here: Judee von Seldeneck on Wharton Business Daily.