Diversified Search was founded almost five decades ago for the express purpose of placing diverse candidates in our client organizations. The firm established the Diversified Search Group (DSG), comprised of our founding firm and the combined firms of BioQuest, Koya Partners, Storbeck Search, and Grant Cooper, to harness the collective resources and industry expertise of our firms and create a new model in executive search. The Diversified Search Group is dedicated to recruiting inspiring, transformational leaders of every background who build culture, foster innovation, and deliver both social impact and financial performance.
Our firm’s breadth and industry depth enable us to provide highly consultative services, conveying insights and assessments drawn from years of experience across a wide spectrum of industries. Our firm is consistently ranked in the top ten search firms in the U.S. We view our size as an advantage, providing us the market presence necessary to attract top talent and the flexibility to gain access to that talent unencumbered.
For more information about the Diversified Search Group, please visit here.
The Managing Director of the Diversified Search Group will be a mission-driven, engaging, and dedicated member of the Nonprofit Practice.
With close to 100 team members nationally and a global reach, the Nonprofit Practice of DSG and the Koya Partners entity works with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world. A key differentiator is that each member of our firm has a genuine passion for, and commitment to, mission-driven work. This firm-wide commitment impacts our approach to our work and results in trusted and lasting partnerships with our clients and candidates.
This commitment to mission-driven work is also core to how we treat our employees. We believe wholeheartedly that best-in-class service to candidates and clients can, and should, go hand in hand with being a best-in-class organization for our team. We believe in and strive to foster a workplace in which all perspectives are valued and welcomed.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply held values at Koya. We believe diversity spans gender, race, faith, ability, and sexual orientation and we strive to build diverse pools of talent in our work with clients and track metrics on diversity as a performance outcome for our recruiters.
We are proud of the results of our commitment: In 2021, 58% of the leaders the Nonprofit Practice placed identified as people of color, and 66% identified as female or gender non-binary.
The Managing Director will be an experienced leader seasoned in business development, possessing strong interpersonal capabilities in addition to being a proven people and project manager. The Managing Director will be responsible for managing all aspects of the executive search process with clients and internally with a matrixed search team.
Effective Managing Directors forge lasting, strategic partnerships with client organizations and are responsible for cultivating these partnerships over time, approaching every client engagement as a stepping stone to a longer-term opportunity.
Primary responsibilities of the Managing Director include:
Strategy & Vision
- Develop and execute on a strategy for cultivating potential clients and achieving ambitious business development goals
- Monitor client, market, and competitor activity to inform and collaborate on strategy across the Practice and broader DSG
- Participate in leadership meetings to develop best-in-class recruiting and human capital services and products and identify opportunities to maximize efficiencies and deepen team impact
Business Development & Partnership Cultivation
- Generate a minimum of $1M in annual sales, identifying and pursuing opportunities for business development through leveraging client and candidate networks and referrals
- Consistently deliver high levels of client service and meaningful client relationship-building, including thought partnership, accessibility, and the timely delivery of all search deliverables
- Serve in a consultative role to clients regarding strategic hiring decisions and organizational development, leveraging the expertise of our executive search teams to support the development of client talent practices
- Partner with marketing and other colleagues to establish successful programs to support the business development pipeline
- Present as an industry leader at conferences and throughout various media platforms
Portfolio & Team Management
- Lead a portfolio of client engagements and provide effective and diplomatic leadership in a complex, matrixed environment
- Set clear expectations for each search with the Associate, Search Coordinator, and Research Associate, providing on-going direction as needed to ensure high quality and timely deliverables
- Ensure detailed and accurate business development forecasting for pipeline as well as data related to client and potential client interactions, consistently meeting or exceeding benchmarks and metrics for efficiency and quality
Ideal candidates will have a deep passion for mission-driven work. They will be entrepreneurial and proactive in managing a portfolio of searches in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment.
Additionally, Managing Director’s will possess the following skills, qualities, characteristics, and competencies:
- Relevant experience in recruiting, sales, employee relations, human resources, client services, or other industry or functional expertise
- Demonstrated client management success
- Exceptional listening and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish dynamic and trust-based partnerships with clients, candidates, and direct reports
- Exceptional project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities
- The ability to motivate, mentor, and coach professional staff to deliver high quality results
- Willingness to travel to meet with clients or prospective clients as needed
- High degree of political and interpersonal savvy, as well as responsiveness and flexibility
- Ability to handle sensitive information with appropriate discretion and strict confidentiality
- Experience as a key member of a high-performing team, with accountability to particular revenue goals
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Sound judgment and professional maturity
- Commitment to and identification with the core values of the Diversified Search Group and our client organizations
The Diversified Search Group is an equal opportunity employer and greatly values diversity. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT+ applicants.