About Grads of Life
Grads of Life is a consulting firm that partners with companies to change their talent practices in order to build more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplaces. We also work closely with coalitions such as OneTen and the Business Roundtable in order to advance this work. With services ranging from DEI assessments to skill-based practices implementation to interactive trainings, we help employers hire, retain, and advance historically excluded talent. Our team of subject matter experts provides the research, products, and networks clients need to create a holistic and impactful DEI strategy. Born through an initiative of Year Up, Grads of Life has a long history of helping organizations address their talent needs while advancing economic and racial justice. We are proud to continue to help build the employer movement to create system-level change and close the Opportunity Divide. For more information, please visit our website.
As Grads of Life continues to grow and increase our impact with employers of influence to create and support inclusive hiring practices, we are seeking a senior leader, strategist, and business builder to partner with our Founder & Managing Director, senior team, and the broader Year Up leadership to scale our work and impact. Specifically, this Partner will build processes and infrastructure to support the growth and operational excellence of the Grads of Life employer consulting practice. We work with clients to help them understand how best to change the way they work and how they ensure that their work environments are designed to attract, develop, and retain a much more diverse workforce. These changes will help drive best-in-class services, processes, and systems. The potential to grow this service offering is extensive but requires the right leader with the ability to effectively structure and enable our client services work, including sales and delivery, bringing a growth mindset to how we broaden our “go to market” approach. Grads of Life has been growing year over year and is ideally positioned to continue to grow and expand our impact due to the unique value proposition we bring to key employers. The person in this position will help us leverage this positioning to ensure continued responsible and strategic growth of our business, as well as achieving impact to close the Opportunity Divide in our country.
- Operationalize and execute on the Grads of Life advisory services strategy, with a focus on business development, operational excellence, and sustainable growth.
- Lead the business modeling process to ensure appropriate staffing, systems, processes, and tools are in place to drive impact and increase revenue.
- Determine the operational infrastructure and systems necessary to support the initiative’s growth and guide their effective and efficient implementation.
- Ensure that capacity and capability stay ahead of rapidly increasing demand.
- Partner with the Founder-Managing Director to ensure that Grads of Life is run like a highly functioning business that thrives on the privilege of meeting its mission in all its markets.
- Model and create conditions for building a team culture of partnership-based customer engagement and high-quality service delivery with all clients, including Employers of Influence.
- Partner with Thought Leadership team to identify opportunities to integrate client services work and advocacy for Opportunity Employment.
- Live the values of Year Up and integrate them into one’s work on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate will have many, if not all, of the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- 15+ years of successful professional experience in management consulting, practice leadership, and/or professional services, ideally in operations, client services, and/or business development.
- Operations and business planning experience with a forward-looking orientation and a commitment to balancing impact and revenue; experience scaling businesses in the face of complexity.
- Experience building a practice team, with an understanding of the key drivers of success and a systems orientation to support scale; related revenue goals and/or P&L accountability a plus.
- Deep commitment to inclusive talent practices and driving systems change to support Opportunity Youth.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, and manage major complex projects and multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, with an understanding of the nuances of leading a complex and evolving initiative.
- Self-starter, comfortable shaping priorities and agenda with broadly set parameters.
- Proven ability to influence, develop, manage, support, and empower employees to achieve objectives within a team.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse teams, embracing and engaging diverse groups of people, and an understanding of the importance of cultural competency in these interactions.
- Documented strengths in meaningful relationship building, management, and growth to scale.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate across teams, facilitate difficult conversations, and resolve issues.
- A deep understanding of diversity and inclusion and a commitment to helping Grads Of Life specifically and Year Up generally to become an anti-racist organization.
- A passion for working with young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up.
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary for this position will be $200,000 – $225,000. The compensation package includes generous benefits offerings including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and attractive PTO including sabbatical time and parental leave, as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Year Up actively engages individuals from all background. We are committed to embracing diversity within our organization because we firmly believe that diverse employee teams help us achieve our best organizational outcomes and provide the most effective support to our clients and youth. We are deeply dedicated to creating and maintaining an inclusive and supportive work environment. Learn more about Year Up’s commitment to diversity at http://www.yearup.org/about-us/careers/commitment-to-diversity/.
As an equal opportunity employer, Year Up is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Cassie Scarano and Ariella Pasackow of Koya Partners have been exclusively retained for this engagement. To express interest in this role please submit your materials here. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Koya Partners is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals living with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual living with a disability and need assistance expressing interest online, please email NonprofitSearchOps@divsearch.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.