Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is a four-hospital system with over 800 licensed beds, inclusive of Lancaster General Hospital; Women & Babies Hospital; Lancaster Rehabilitation Hospital and Lancaster Behavioral Health Hospital. Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health is recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. Penn Medicine began more than two centuries ago with the founding of the nation’s first medical school at the University of Pennsylvania and has pioneered medical frontiers with a team comprised of innovators who have dedicated their lives to advancing medicine through excellence in education, research, and patient care.
The Vice President of Research Administration will be responsible for leading and managing the Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health (PMLGH) Research Program. The role, in collaboration with research leadership and the research council, develops and sets strategic and administrative goals for the PMLGH research program. He/she will establish and maintain administrative policies and develops the institution’s research standards and procedures, including those related to research operations, education and training, IT systems, financial administration, human subject’s protections, research compliance, and research support services. This role establishes and optimizes, relationships with the University of Pennsylvania and other research partners and within PMLGH. This position will chair the PMLGH Research Council and be responsible for facilitating the development of new research investigators. An academic appointment at Penn Medicine is available, commensurate with the candidate’s academic accomplishments.
- PhD or MD/PhD with active clinical research portfolio as an investigator.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience in a clinical research environment, with at least eight years at the manager level or above working in a hospital or academic research environment.
- Experience in clinical trial and study operations, use of clinical research IT platforms, managing federally funded grants & corporate contracts, managing a human subjects protection program, and has implemented a clinical research compliance program highly desirable.
- Experience working with research patients, communicating with physician investigators and clinical staff, and understanding the work dynamic of conducting research in a hospital setting.
- Experience managing Clinical Research Staff.
- Substantial knowledge of CMS research regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and execution of office or program objectives.
- Experience developing and executing a strategic plan and strong financial expertise.
- Experience dealing with physician investigators and encouraging their participation in the research program.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and team building skills.