Children’s Health℠ is committed to making life better for children. As one of the largest and most prestigious pediatric health care providers in the country and the leading pediatric health care system in North Texas, Children’s Health cares for children through more than 750,000 patient visits annually. The Children’s Health system includes its flagship hospital, Children’s Medical Center Dallas, as well as Children’s Medical Center Plano, Our Children’s House inpatient rehabilitation hospital, the Children’s Health Care Network, specialty centers, rehabilitation facilities and physician services. Children’s Health also serves the community with a growing network of more than 320 private pediatricians and pediatric specialists, as well as multiple programs and initiatives that reach children in community centers, schools and in their homes. Children’s Medical Center Dallas continues to be the only North Texas hospital to be ranked in 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. Through its academic affiliation with UT Southwestern Medical Center, Children’s Health is a leader in life-changing treatments, innovative technology, and ground-breaking research. This affiliation led to establishing the Children’s Medical Center Research Institute in 2011, committed to pursuing research in regenerative medicine, cancer biology and metabolism.
Children’s Health is regularly named one of the “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” by Becker’s Hospital Review based on benefits, wellness initiatives, commitment to diversity and inclusion, professional development opportunities and work environments that promote employee collaboration and satisfaction. Additionally, the World at Work Alliance for WorkLife Progress has recognized Children’s Health for demonstrating leadership in workplace strategies and practices to help team members achieve success in work-life effectiveness.
Children’s Health is seeking a Vice President of Patient Experience to lead enterprise-wide efforts implementing and developing the organizational experience strategy, standards, and ongoing improvements for patient experience. Reporting to the SVP – Chief Marketing & Experience Officer, this transformational and impactful leader will work collaboratively across the organization to drive system-wide strategies that address all aspects of the patient experience. This individual will direct the development of an integrated system of people, processes and technologies dedicated to creating an industry-leading patient experience helping further realize Children’s Health position as a top pediatric provider of choice.
- Proven track record of creating and or implementing comprehensive experience transformation plans for both clinical and non-clinical areas of large enterprises
- Passion for people, patients, and community
- Appreciation of the importance of inclusive leadership
- Understanding of how a children’s organization might differ from an adult setting
- 5 years or more in non-healthcare customer experience as well as 2-3 years leading experience work in healthcare preferred
- Deep knowledge of the customer experience space, ideally with service-industry background such as hospitality
- Network of peer executives, thought leaders, and experts who can inform leadership from an outside perspective
- Demonstrated skills working cross-organizationally and directly leading initiatives as well as influencing other leaders. Proven ability working with diverse groups of stakeholders in and around the process of leading change
- Ability to apply principles of human-centered-design to experience strategy and implementation
- Results-oriented approach with the ability to translate the overall objectives of the organization into actionable quantitative/quantifiable experience plans and outcomes
- Ability to analyze and translate complex organizational data into actionable recommendations, strategies, and tactics
- Outstanding communication skills, able to convey the complex in ways that are understandable and relatable
- Strong collaborator and consensus builder
- Demonstrate selfless service (serve others with an enthusiastic spirit), passionate advocacy (stand as a champion for children), commitment to excellence (drive innovation and quality care to maximize outcomes) and unwavering integrity (create an environment of trust through honesty, transparency, and authenticity)