SSM Health Dean Medical Group is a for-profit, integrated health care organization based in Madison, Wisconsin. Its network consists of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin, Davis Duehr Dean Eye Care, insurance provider Dean Health Plan, and pharmacy benefits company Navitus Health Solutions. Approximately 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics. The system serves more than 400,000 health plan members. Today, SSM Health Dean Medical Group provides medical and health services through a network of locations throughout southern Wisconsin, ancillary health services, and clinical research and education through Dean Foundation. SSM Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system with delivery sites in Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin. SSM Health includes 20 hospitals, a pharmacy benefits company, an insurance company, and two accountable care organizations. With over 33,000 employees in four states, SSM Health is one of the largest employers in every community is serves.
The Vice President of Operations for Physician and Ambulatory Services of SSM Health Dean Medical Group will be responsible for formulating the business strategies and operational plans for successful market growth and positioning and will ensure financial, operational, and quality goals are met or exceeded. The Vice President of Operations for Physician and Ambulatory Services fills a key executive role and will work to define, align, and influence business strategy and drivers to effectively address the current and future needs of the organization.
- Ten years of progressively increasing leadership roles and five or more years of senior-level experience within a large group practice setting.
- Previous experience running a multisite medical group with profit and loss accountability, and a deep understanding of healthcare delivery operations, healthcare financing, and industry trends.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity to assume direct accountability for operations and the ability to lead and motivate people to achieve agreed-upon results.
- Must have a strong strategic thinking capacity, effective communication skills, and a proven track record of building and maintaining multiple effective partnerships.
- Experience aligning care management and care team processes to optimize value-based approaches to patient care and reimbursement.
- Master’s degree along with a proven track record of exemplary leadership experience in the healthcare industry.