A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health includes more than 30,000 employees and 6,000 associated and employed physicians. With 12 hospitals, 90 clinic sites, 15 retail pharmacies, 52 rehabilitation locations, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end of life. Allina Health maintains an annual net operating revenue of $4.322B. Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin
The Vice President for Brand and Marketing (VPBM) is responsible for guiding and scaling Allina Health’s strategic brand building and marketing initiatives. This candidate will lead all brand and marketing activities for the organization. The VPBM serves as the organization’s brand and marketing leader to represent and promote Allina Health, increase its visibility, and support the mission, vision and goals. The VPBM will report to Christine Moore, PhD, the EVP, Chief Human Resources & Administrative Officer, and will work closely with the Chief Strategy and Growth Officer, the Chief Information and Improvement Officer and others to ensure that all key strategic initiatives benefit from expert marketing and brand management support and to execute Allina Health’s strategic positioning.
This role will lead the implementation of the organization’s brand vision and marketing campaigns to clearly articulate the Allina Health brand and value proposition while also overseeing the Marketing and Creative & Design Services teams. This includes providing strategic direction and coordinating these efforts across the various business units.
- A bachelor’s degree with a major in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, business administration or a related field is required. A master’s degree and/or a professional certification in marketing or public relations is preferred.
- At least ten years of leadership experience in marketing and/or communications in one or more of the following settings: healthcare, education, not-for-profit, government, business and/or industry. A record of success in progressively responsible positions is required.
- At least five years of management experience is required with direct report responsibility, having led a team, in one or more of these areas: marketing, public relations, media relations, news and information, publications or communications; experience in staff development, budgeting and research is required.
- Experience building and evolving brand strategies and architectures.
- Experience translating insights, ideas, and data into customer value.
- Experience developing and implementing brand and marketing initiatives.
- Experience utilizing data analytics and other key information when developing brand strategies and marketing campaigns.
- Experience leading and developing diverse, high-performing teams.