BJC Medical Group is a physician-led organization employing approximately 600 providers with a total of 3,000 employees. BJC Medical Group services patients across 139 practice sites, covering the St. Louis metropolitan area, communities in Illinois, and Columbia, Farmington and Sullivan, Missouri. It is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BJC Healthcare, a 15-hospital not-for-profit health system with nearly $6 billion in revenue, and a member of the BJC Collaborative, a group of eight leading not-for-profit health systems in Missouri and Illinois. The health system and collaborative have affiliated to drive advancements in patient care, quality of service and to lead care innovation in the Midwest. BJC Medical Group maintains a strong relationship with Washington University School of Medicine.
The Vice President Ambulatory Operations will be responsible for the ambulatory business strategy and market positioning in Missouri and Illinois. This role will oversee operational excellence of all practices with an emphasis on easy patient access, interdependent team care during the visit, and maximizing the impact of the providers’ limited time. Incumbent must interact with hospital leadership and other key stakeholders to foster an environment of collaboration and communication to ensure implementation of strategy and removal of barriers to achieve expected operational results. This position will have a collaborative partnership with physician leaders to foster a patient care model that allows physicians, advanced practice practitioners and other caregivers to leverage best practices, provide excellent patient outcomes and create a uniquely better patient experience. The incumbent will provide leadership to Regional Directors that are accountable for key performance metrics, monitoring and reporting related to high quality patient care.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Medical group leadership experience in a large multi-specialty group; experience working within an Integrated Delivery System strongly preferred.
- Depth in building strong relationships across expanding physician entities, fostering collegial relationships and engendering a culture of success.
- Proven background in standardization and continuous improvement in the clinical environment with a focus on patient experience. Background in process redesign, performance improvement, and innovation strongly desired.
- Ability to motivate and maintain effective working relationships with physicians and staff. Acumen in leading physicians to new paradigms. Ability to rely on collaborative skills and build consensus toward project goals.
- Depth in ACO, value-based reimbursement arrangements or gainsharing and/or downside risk models, and proven ability to motivate physicians to success under such arrangements.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions, take appropriate action, and follow up. Effective problem-solving skills. Proven ability in coaching and development of individuals.