UMass Chan Medical School in Worcester, Massachusetts, one of the fastest growing research institutions in the United States, invites highly qualified candidates to apply for a Deputy Executive Vice Chancellor, People Strategy position.
The Deputy Executive Vice Chancellor, People Strategy (DEVCPS) is responsible for developing and executing the University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School people strategy in support of the UMass Chan mission, overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. The DEVCPS will focus on building an entrepreneurial and innovative organizational culture that is aligned with its mission; that emphasizes organizational learning; and is characterized by an agile, service-oriented, diverse, collaborative, highly communicative, high performing, professionally competent, engaged, and accountable workforce. The DEVCPS will articulate the UMass Chan human capital needs and plans to the executive leadership team and will have full operational responsibility for overseeing the day-to-day aspects of a best-in-class HR organization. As a member of the senior management team, the DEVCPS will also contribute to the development of the UMass Chan overall strategic, operational, and financial goals.
About University of Massachusetts Chan Medical School
UMass Chan has attained a distinguished record in its relatively short history: the Medical School is ranked among the top ten percent nationally in primary care among LCME and Osteopathic accredited medical schools by U.S. News & World Report. Its clinical partner, UMass Memorial Health, is the region’s center for tertiary and quaternary care, providing a network of community health centers and primary care practices.
UMass Chan Medical School employs over 6,000 employees with more than 1,100 students. Graduate Medical Education (GME) at UMass Chan Medical School consists of 60 ACGME-accredited programs and 24 non-standard training programs with approximately 650 residents and fellows, more than 2,500 full-time and community-based faculty, an academic medical center, affiliated teaching hospitals and community health centers, and a growing number of private office and group practices. The enterprise additionally includes MassBiologics, the only non-profit, FDA-licensed manufacturer of vaccines in the US, and Commonwealth Medicine, a full health care consulting division.
Experience and Education
- A minimum of 15 years strategic human resources experience with at least 10 years with a combination of experience as executive/chief human resources executive or second-in-command in a multi-site, complex academic enterprise
- Must be an accomplished and inspirational HR leader with a proven track record of repositioning the human resources function, developing and implementing a people strategy with experience in talent management; compensation, benefits and total rewards; diversity and inclusion; leadership and professional development; change management; employee engagement; labor and employee relations; OD; performance management; HR compliance, risk and regulatory; HRIS and HR policy development and interpretation.
- Demonstrated focus on client communication and developing a best-in-class service focused team to ensure all internal constituents receive strong customer relations attention.
- A commitment to service excellence, a track record of improving HR service delivery and operational excellence, managing a customer focused human resources team and an expertise at leading HR transformation is a must.
- Demonstrated innovation to meet the current and future workforce challenges to include virtual work practices, creative recruitment and retention strategies.
- A commitment to and track record of fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion, openness, and accountability.
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA or master’s degree in human resources / relevant discipline is highly desirable
- JD is not required but is preferred
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of Neysa Dillon Brown, Judy Boreham, and Alison Lebonitte at Diversified Search Group: UMassChanDEVCPS@divsearch.com.