Somatus is seeking an innovative nephrologist to serve as Senior Vice President, Medical Affairs.
Somatus treats patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) and end-stage kidney disease (ESKD). The company partners with leading health plans, health systems, nephrology and primary care groups to provide integrated care for patients with, or at risk of developing, kidney disease. As the market leader in value-based kidney care, Somatus’ vertically integrated clinical services and technology delay or prevent disease progression, improve quality and care coordination, and increase the use of home dialysis modalities and rates of kidney transplantation. The company is headquartered in McLean, Virginia, and founded by a team of world-class healthcare operators, successful entrepreneurs, and leading clinicians treating kidney disease.
The Somatus care model, powered by RenalIQ®, its proprietary IT platform, has proven to significantly reduce costs, slow disease progression, and improve quality of life. Somatus is helping more than 150,000 people with kidney disease live better lives by providing personalized medical management and integrated whole-person care and support whenever and wherever it’s needed. Through aligned and accountable partnerships with progressive provider groups and health plans, Somatus leverages technology to deliver community-based, in-person holistic care. The platform’s advanced analytics, predictive methodologies, business intelligence dashboards, and clinical workflows help care team members and providers deliver the right care, to the right person, at the right time.
The Senior Vice President, Medical Affairs (SVPMA) will serve as physician leadership within Somatus under the direction of the EVP, Clinical Innovation. This position works collaboratively with the Clinical Operations Teams to support and improve medical operations within the company. Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and continually improving the overall health and welfare of members by delivering best-in-class, consistent, and well-defined medical strategies for the company.
- Designing and effectively coordinating a systematic approach to establish operating procedures, monitoring mechanisms, and communication strategies.
- Overseeing an efficient records maintenance system for all health-related claims to establish effective tracking and reporting; assisting to clarify medical expenses.
- Continuously reviewing and updating practice guidelines and ensure that the company is in compliance with all federal, state, local and foreign laws, regulations and rules that may apply to the company’s activities, and actively champion the company’s ethics and integrity.
- Leading a team by providing strategic direction, coaching, and guidance to achieving individual and collective goals.
- MD or DO with active board certification in Nephrology
- 10+ years of clinical leadership in the treatment of CKD and ESKD patient populations
- Possesses expert knowledge and continually develops capabilities in the field of clinical quality improvement
- Expert knowledge of cutting edge treatment modalities for patients with CKD and ESKD
- Solution-oriented approach and philosophy, sound judgment
- Outstanding interpersonal interaction, exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Insightful and analytical, with excellent attention to detail
- Proven organization and management reporting skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Ability to communicate effectively in high stress/pressure situations when talking to talent, medical professionals, executives and employees