Providence Health seeks a Regional Vice President, Payer Contracting who will serve as the managed care leader at the regional level for the states of Washington and Montana. Providence Health nationally has annual revenues are $25B and growing, and currently operates in seven states through 51 hospitals and 829 clinics where over 24,000 physicians serve over 13 million patients annually.
The Regional Vice President, Payer Contracting will oversee a payer portfolio of managed services across Commercial, Exchange, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid product lines. This position is responsible for negotiating with national, regional, and local payers for commercial, government, and growth opportunities. This will involve solid understanding of various payer contract structures, including but not limited to, traditional fee-for-service arrangements, capitated arrangements, attributed risk arrangements, quality bonuses and shared or full risk terms for accountable lives.
The Regional Vice President, Payer Contracting will oversee a team of Directors, Senior Contract Managers and Contract Managers responsible for managing the contracts for all revenue associated with payers.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in healthcare administration, finance, business, or related field.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Health Administration (MHA); or equivalent educ/experience preferred.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years’ experience in contracting at a health system or health plan.
- Minimum of 10 years in leadership position-management of field-based teams.
- Extensive experience leading high profile contract negotiations, business planning and strategic execution of initiatives, preferably for an integrated health care delivery system or managed care company.
- Creative, innovative thinker bringing new ideas and solutions to internal strategy discussions and contract negotiations. Ability to work collaboratively and credibly across senior leadership both at the system and regional levels.
- Capacity to analyze changes in policy and regulation and the impact on contracting strategy, current and future arrangements, and strategic goals.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear, concise manner across system and regional leadership levels.
Interested candidates should submit their resume in confidence to Page Ettle at email@example.com