Ochsner Health System is southeast Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare delivery system. Driven by a mission to serve, heal, lead, educate and innovate, coordinated clinical and hospital patient care is provided across the region by nine hospitals, both owned and managed and more than 40 health centers in Louisiana. Ochsner has been named the Consumer Choice for Healthcare in New Orleans for 17 consecutive years and includes the only Louisiana hospital recognized by US News & World Report as a “Best Hospital” across 11 specialty categories. Ochsner employs more than 14,000 employees, including over 900 physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and conducts over 300 clinical research trials annually. Ochsner Health System Baton Rouge delivers quality healthcare for families throughout the Baton Rouge region. With a 151-bed hospital, 13 health centers located throughout the Baton Rouge area including Ascension, Livingston, and Iberville parishes, and a team of more than 160 employed physicians and advanced practice clinicians, Ochsner is known for comprehensive, convenient care.
The Regional Medical Director, Baton Rouge will oversee a region; aligns region and system, and attends to cross-regional collaboration. Specifically, the Regional Medical Director, Baton Rouge establishes, drives, and monitors a shared vision for the region. The Medical Director will translate that vision into an actionable plan and oversees the successful implementation of that plan. All of the above is done in partnership with the local and System leadership teams.
- MD degree, or equivalent; specialty certification, demonstrated clinical leadership.
- Must possess unrestricted license to practice medicine in Louisiana or be willing to obtain one.
- Experience planning and leading complex change and improvement processes in physician organizations; some formal leadership training, an advanced degree in management a plus.
- Five years’ or more of experience in administrative leadership over a multispecialty group practice.
- Experience in a dyad leadership model desirable