Quality. Clarity. Opportunity. ™
For 49 years, our history has been rooted in commitment to quality improvement for organizations — and quality of life for the people they serve.
We began as Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care in 1973 on Maryland’s Eastern Shore as one of the country’s first quality review organizations for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. Through the decades, we created entities that became nationally known, including Delmarva Foundation, Health Integrity, and Quality Health Strategies.
Today, we’ve brought together these extensive resources and the expertise of more than 500 professionals under one name — Qlarant — serving some of our nation’s most important programs in health, human services, government and insurance & financial services.
Our team has a strong commitment to protecting the integrity of national and state health care systems in Medicare, Medicaid, and the private sector. In addition, The Qlarant Foundation issues annual grant awards to various programs that provide programs to underserved communities.
Qlarant offers a broad range of innovative services: we’re proud to deliver our solutions for Quality Improvement; Fraud, Waste, & Abuse; and Data Sciences & Technology. Our Real-time Predictive Modeling and Data Analytics tools sift through billions of claims and public criminal records to detect aberrant trends and alert users for early investigative and audit actions with high accuracy and performance. We also provide quality review programs, auditing, training, and have an in-house call center ready to meet client needs. Visit www.qlarant.com for further information.
We strive to help our clients make the most of opportunities and improve the quality of life for the people they serve. We have the same goals for our own Qlarant team members. By fostering a culture of excellence and commitment, we help ensure that the best people want to be a part of Qlarant, today and tomorrow. Here are some of the tenets we live by, to promote a dynamic team and deliver outstanding results:
- Diversity of expertise: By creating a diverse team with a wide range of experience and backgrounds, we are stronger and better prepared to face challenges and find success.
- Leadership and promotion: We are dedicated to recognizing, rewarding, and developing associates in all areas — as well as identifying leaders and equipping them for growth.
- Support and investment: We offer comprehensive training, professional development opportunities, management engagement, and timely feedback. Our goal: the best person in every position.
- A commitment to excellence: Our associates enjoy a welcoming and inclusive environment founded on excellence. Associates can be proud to be a part of the Qlarant team.
- Work/life balance: We promote a healthy work/life balance through flexible scheduling, remote work opportunities, socializing and celebrations.
- Giving and giving back: We support our associates and their families through excellent benefits and encourage community involvement through volunteerism and local giving.
We are proud to have been recognized as one of the best places to work in our region and the nation and have received numerous awards for our programs and services- more detail can be found here.
An important part of our culture is our commitment to exceeding client expectations through our core values: Strategic Thinking, Communication, Teamwork, Dedication, and Customer Focus.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR IMPACT
Qlarant is uniquely positioned to grow as an organization through a multi-pronged strategy that includes organic growth, merger and acquisitions, expansion into new markets and through external funding such as private equity, strategic foundation grants and government funding. While Qlarant is a nonprofit entity it operates much like a private sector company and will continue to expand all business lines over time. The Chief Human Resources Officer will have the opportunity to partner with a visionary CEO and leadership team to create and execute on human capital strategies that align to organizational growth across all aspects of the business.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief Human Resources Officer will lead and provide oversight and coordination for all Human Resources services to Qlarant and its affiliate organizations. This strategic thought leader will create and oversee programs, services and policies designed to achieve operational objectives and ensure Qlarant continues to be a competitive employer of choice. The Chief Human Resources Officer will develop policy and direct human resources activities, such as recruitment, compensation, facilities and administrative services oversight, benefits, training, and employee relations.
- Work closely with the CEO and Leadership Team in strategic planning and future growth of the organization. Collaborate with business unit leaders to identify HR strategies that will support the accomplishments of their strategic initiatives.
- Oversee Facilities and Administrative Services.
- Develop progressive and proactive talent management, compensation, performance management, and benefits programs that meet the strategic objectives of the business.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with management and associates in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues
- Determine and recommend associate relation practices necessary to establish a positive employer-associate relationship,
- Develop new policies and procedures reflecting the changing demands of the business and support the achievement of its strategic objectives. Consult legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Manage the resolution of associate concerns, disputes, and grievances. When required conduct internal investigation observing essential legal protocols for documentation and resolution. May also engage an external consultant to conduct the investigation.
- Develop programs to allow the company to embrace diversity and inclusiveness of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all.
- Provide education and communication to all associates and coaches to ensure understanding of HR policies and practices. Identify training needs, plans and implement programs. Establish the corporate orientation program and remain in oversight of the process.
- Develop and maintain human resources systems that meet top management information needs. Identify new opportunities to streamline processes through implementation of additional automation, outsourcing or re-engineering.
- Responsible for oversight and administration of AA Programs and record management in the organization.
- Develop an adequate plan for back up and succession of management and other key associates.
- Protect and maintain the privacy of associate personnel records, including compensation information.
- Minimum of ten years of leadership experience in Human Resources with three years of experience at a senior management level working in a corporate or subsidiary environment
- 5+ years leading, managing, coaching and mentoring teams
- Experience working for government contractor organizations/vendors is a plus
- SPHR, CBP, CCP or similar certification is a plus
- Masters degree or advanced degree is a plus
If you or someone you know might be interested in this role, please submit a resumé and cover letter HERE. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
TIMELINE TO HIRE
The application deadline is November 11, 2022 and applications received by that date will be given priority but we will accept applications until the position is filled. Zoom interviews with the DSG team will take place through early December. Zoom interviews with the Qlarant hiring committee will take place through early January and we anticipate extending an offer by mid-January.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Qlarant, diversity means that the Company recognizes, accepts and values the differences among its Associates. Diversity covers our Associates as well as the customers and communities we serve. It encompasses a spirit of inclusiveness. By acknowledging differences, the organization can create an environment in which people with diverse backgrounds can better work together and share a core of common values: honesty, integrity, hard work and mutual respect. By valuing differences, Qlarant recognizes the distinct and unique contributions and perspectives that each Associate brings to the Company.
Qlarant is committed to finding the highest caliber Associates and to providing a work environment in which all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, genetic information, ancestry, military status or otherwise provided by applicable law can develop and contribute. Besides complying with the law, it is simply good business sense to apply the principle of equal opportunity in all Company policies, procedures and practices.
All Associates are required to support and comply with the Company’s equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies. Associates are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that shows the respect we have for each other and the value we place on diversity and civility in our place of work. We observe these policies in all we do and take them seriously.
ABOUT DIVERSIFIED SEARCH GROUP
Diversified Search Group is the largest woman-founded and woman-led executive search firm in the world, and for nearly five decades, has been driven by purpose, progress, and performance. Consistently recognized by Forbes as one of the nation’s top retained executive search firms, Diversified Search Group is an industry leader in recruiting diverse, inclusive, and transformational leadership for clients. The firm is deliberately different in its approach and is comprised of a combination of specialty practices with deep industry expertise, that together harness their collective resources to identify new leaders to meet the needs of our changing world: Diversified Search, Alta Associates, BioQuest, Koya Partners, Grant Cooper, and Storbeck Search. Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, the Diversified Search Group operates in over a dozen offices nationwide and offers global services as the exclusive U.S. partner of AltoPartners, the international alliance of independent executive search firms. For more information, visit diversifiedsearchgroup.com.
Euris Belle, Managing Director
Karen Yetman Rea, Managing Director
Nikki Lynch, Senior Search Associate
De Cook, Search Coordinator
Tanya Radocesky, Research Associate