Quality. Clarity. Opportunity. ™
For 49 years, our history has been rooted in commitment to quality improvement for organizations — and quality of life for the people they serve.
We began as Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care in 1973 on Maryland’s Eastern Shore as one of the country’s first quality review organizations for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. Through the decades, we created entities that became nationally known, including Delmarva Foundation, Health Integrity, and Quality Health Strategies.
Today, we’ve brought together these extensive resources and the expertise of more than 500 professionals under one name — Qlarant — serving some of our nation’s most important programs in health, human services, government and insurance & financial services.
Our team has a strong commitment to protecting the integrity of national and state health care systems in Medicare, Medicaid, and the private sector. In addition, The Qlarant Foundation issues annual grant awards to various programs that provide programs to underserved communities.
Qlarant offers a broad range of innovative services: we’re proud to deliver our solutions for Quality Improvement; Fraud, Waste, & Abuse; and Data Sciences & Technology. Our Real-time Predictive Modeling and Data Analytics tools sift through billions of claims and public criminal records to detect aberrant trends and alert users for early investigative and audit actions with high accuracy and performance. We also provide quality review programs, auditing, training, and have an in-house call center ready to meet client needs. Visit www.qlarant.com for further information.
We strive to help our clients make the most of opportunities and improve the quality of life for the people they serve. We have the same goals for our own Qlarant team members. By fostering a culture of excellence and commitment, we help ensure that the best people want to be a part of Qlarant, today and tomorrow. Here are some of the tenets we live by, to promote a dynamic team and deliver outstanding results:
- Diversity of expertise: By creating a diverse team with a wide range of experience and backgrounds, we are stronger and better prepared to face challenges and find success.
- Leadership and promotion: We are dedicated to recognizing, rewarding, and developing associates in all areas — as well as identifying leaders and equipping them for growth.
- Support and investment: We offer comprehensive training, professional development opportunities, management engagement, and timely feedback. Our goal: the best person in every position.
- A commitment to excellence: Our associates enjoy a welcoming and inclusive environment founded on excellence. Associates can be proud to be a part of the Qlarant team.
- Work/life balance: We promote a healthy work/life balance through flexible scheduling, remote work opportunities, socializing and celebrations.
- Giving and giving back: We support our associates and their families through excellent benefits and encourage community involvement through volunteerism and local giving.
We are proud to have been recognized as one of the best places to work in our region and the nation and have received numerous awards for our programs and services- more details can be found here.
An important part of our culture is our commitment to exceeding client expectations through our core values: Strategic Thinking, Communication, Teamwork, Dedication, and Customer Focus.
THE OPPORTUNITY FOR IMPACT
Qlarant is uniquely positioned to grow as an organization through a multi-pronged strategy that includes organic growth, merger and acquisitions, expansion into new markets and through external funding such as private equity, strategic foundation grants and government funding. While Qlarant is a nonprofit entity it operates much like a private sector company and will continue to expand all business lines over time. The CFO will have the opportunity to partner with a visionary CEO and leadership team to create and execute on financial strategies that align to organizational growth across all aspects of the business.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer will be a collaborative, relationship-driven leader who champions strategic financial management, government reporting, investment management, and drives the execution of long and short-term plans and directives utilizing judgment, vision, strategic direction, and leadership. Because Qlarant partners extensively with government agencies on cost plus and fixed fee contracts, CFO experience with government contracts enables effective alignment of operational cost to ensure effective financial performance.
Duties include leading a dynamic team of fifteen seasoned professionals to oversee financial reporting and analysis, cash management, budgeting, internal accounting controls and policies, regulatory compliance, and annual audit support. The CFO will be a trusted thought partner, providing support and guidance to the Board and other Board committees as requested regarding financial performance, investment status, and operating metrics.
- Lead the accounting, financial analysis, contracts, and compliance functions supporting the company and related subsidiaries.
- Ensure an adequate financial control environment to safeguard company assets and maintenance of financial accounts and records in compliance with applicable GAAP and FARS pronouncements.
- Oversee, coordinate, and direct completion of various external audits associated with financial, process, or government incurred cost related reviews.
- Appraise the organization’s financial position and issue periodic reports on organization’s financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
- Conduct analysis studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the organization’s policies and operations.
- Manage the Director of Accounting in ensuring timely and accurate preparation and processing of financial and employee records, monthly closing and preparation of financial statements, customer invoicing and collections activities, government reporting, updating of accounting policies and procedures, and maintenance of the accounting systems.
- Manage the Director of Financial Analysis in the preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFP’s), financial forecasts, budget preparation and assessment, financial analysis as well as performance of key indirect rates and metrics.
- Provide direction and support to the Compliance and Contracts Officer in ensuring contractual responses and compliance with customer contracts, attainment of company compliance programs, and oversight of legal activities of the organization.
- Coordinate funding in support of M&A and software development initiatives as well as assessing the effectiveness of company business investments.
- Oversee and direct the preparation and issuance of the corporation’s Financial Performance, Investment status, and Operating metrics for the Board and support other Board committees as requested.
- Provide financial support and consulting to Qlarant Foundation Board to ensure sustainable grant programs with sufficient funding capabilities.
- Utilize industry knowledge, expertise and internal consulting to advise business unit leaders regarding strategic initiatives and analyzes operational issues impacting the organization and develop strategies to improve.
- Ensure the finance team is fully integrated in business development activities including preliminary analysis, risk analysis, compliance with subcontracting requirements (e.g., MBE), and cost benefit analysis of various fiscal approaches to structuring the proposal.
- Interpret procedures and instructions and choose among alternative courses of action.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to drive the creation of innovative new systems, procedures, and/or guidelines.
- Protect and maintain the privacy of associate personnel records, including compensation information.
- Experience working for government contractor organizations/vendors
- Master’s degree in accounting or relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of ten years of experience in the field, with three years of experience at a senior management level working in a corporate or subsidiary environment
- Knowledge of indirect costs and the FAR guidelines
- Expertise in investments, pension, fiscal management, and systems design
- 5+ years leading, managing, coaching and mentoring teams
- CMA or CPA is a plus
If you or someone you know might be interested in this role, please submit a resumé and cover letter here. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Qlarant, diversity means that the Company recognizes, accepts and values the differences among its Associates. Diversity covers our Associates as well as the customers and communities we serve. It encompasses a spirit of inclusiveness. By acknowledging differences, the organization can create an environment in which people with diverse backgrounds can better work together and share a core of common values: honesty, integrity, hard work and mutual respect. By valuing differences, Qlarant recognizes the distinct and unique contributions and perspectives that each Associate brings to the Company.
Qlarant is committed to finding the highest caliber Associates and to providing a work environment in which all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, genetic information, ancestry, military status or otherwise provided by applicable law can develop and contribute. Besides complying with the law, it is simply good business sense to apply the principle of equal opportunity in all Company policies, procedures and practices.
All Associates are required to support and comply with the Company’s equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policies. Associates are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that shows the respect we have for each other and the value we place on diversity and civility in our place of work. We observe these policies in all we do and take them seriously.
TIMELINE TO HIRE
The application deadline is November 11, 2022, and applications received by that date will be given priority, but we will accept applications until the position is filled. Zoom interviews with the DSG team will take place through mid-December. Zoom interviews with the Qlarant hiring committee will take place early to mid-January and we anticipate extending an offer by mid-January.
ABOUT DIVERSIFIED SEARCH GROUP
Diversified Search Group is the largest woman-founded and woman-led executive search firm in the world, and for nearly five decades, has been driven by purpose, progress, and performance. Consistently recognized by Forbes as one of the nation’s top retained executive search firms, Diversified Search Group is an industry leader in recruiting diverse, inclusive, and transformational leadership for clients. The firm is deliberately different in its approach and is comprised of a combination of specialty practices with deep industry expertise, that together harness their collective resources to identify new leaders to meet the needs of our changing world: Diversified Search, Alta Associates, BioQuest, Koya Partners, Grant Cooper, and Storbeck Search. Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, the Diversified Search Group operates in over a dozen offices nationwide and offers global services as the exclusive U.S. partner of AltoPartners, the international alliance of independent executive search firms. For more information, visit diversifiedsearchgroup.com.
Euris Belle, Managing Director
Karen Yetman Rea, Managing Director
Nikki Lynch, Senior Search Associate
De Cook, Search Coordinator
Tanya Radocesky, Research Associate