Mission Highlands-Cashiers Hospital includes a 25-bed critical access hospital, four physician owned clinics, and an 80-bed skilled nursing facility. The hospital is part of Mission Health – a six-hospital system based in Asheville, North Carolina. Serving the mountain resort communities of North Carolina, Highlands-Cashiers Hospital is home to highly desirable golf clubs, mountaintop getaways, historic inns, and bed & breakfasts. Mission Health has been recognized as one of the nation’s Top 15 Health Systems 2012-2015 by Truven Health Analytics. Mission Health is the only medium-sized health system to receive this recognition for four consecutive years, and the only health system in North Carolina to achieve Top 15 recognition.
The President/CNO will serve as the senior leader of the hospital, overseeing all clinical and operational areas, including a new $6.7 million ED renovation to be complete in 2017. This role will develop long-range goals and objectives and enact actions to improve quality care, patient safety, staff engagement and resource utilization.
- RN with BSN; candidates with a MSN, MBA or other advanced degree desired.
- Evidence of progressive experience in nursing leadership and ability to oversee operational components.
- Prior experience, as a Chief Nurse Executive or Director in a Critical Access Hospital; or nurse leader of a significant clinical area at a larger acute care facility.
- Inspirational, energetic, and with a proven track record of partnering with appropriate stakeholders.
- Demonstrated commitment to the community, unquestioned integrity, and high level of professionalism.