Piedmont Healthcare is a not-for-profit healthcare organization with an expanding network of 11 hospitals and 22,000 employees, and centers of excellence in cardiovascular, neuroscience, orthopedic, oncology and transplant services. Piedmont Health offers 555 clinical practice locations and completes 418 organ transplants and more than 523,000 ED visits annually.
Piedmont Healthcare is seeking an innovative, relationship-driven leader to serve as the Executive Director for the Transplant Institute with oversight of administrative, operational, and financial functions of the transplant service lines. Since 1986, Piedmont Transplant has been recognized as one of the nation’s most successful transplant programs, performing thousands of transplant surgeries for liver, pancreas, kidney and heart recipients.
Key firsts and program highlights:
- The most active adult living donor liver transplant program in the Southeast
- Significantly shorter recipient wait times vs. national averages (liver transplant)
- High patient satisfaction ratings across all stages of care
- First in Georgia to offer:
- Living Donor Robotic Donor Nephrectomy
- Paired donor transplant
- Multi-disciplinary full-service liver program
- Number of transplants per year ranked in the top 15% U.S. abdominal transplant programs
- Statewide satellite clinic program to enhance access to care
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare, nursing, business or a related field required. MBA, MSN, MHA or other advanced degree from a recognized college or university, with working knowledge of the health care industry is preferred.
- Five years progressive management experience in a large transplant program with exposure to a full range of departments including organ procurement and acquisition, wait list management, clinical operations, interventional and surgical.
- Visionary leader who identifies opportunities for improved customer services and directs change to achieve results.
- Leadership qualities consistent with creativity, innovation, collaboration, and critical thinking; ability to coach, mentor and empower staff to do their work.