Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC) is a nonprofit public health institute that builds healthier communities through partnerships with government, foundations, businesses and community-based organizations. It fulfills its mission to improve the health of the community by providing outreach, health promotion, education, research, planning, technical assistance, and direct services.
PHMC has served the Greater Philadelphia region since 1972 as a facilitator, developer, service deliverer, intermediary, manager, advocate and innovator in the field of public health. With almost 4,000 employees, 350 programs, a network of subsidiary organizations, 70 locations, sites and close to 350,000 clients served annually, PHMC is one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation.
PHMC reflects the communities that it serves and its reach and capacity extend beyond the Greater Philadelphia footprint to reach individuals and families statewide and communities nationally. The organization’s personnel landscape naturally fosters many subcultures, encompassing a diverse, dynamic and innovative company culture. PHMC’s core values reside in collaboration, health equity and access, innovation, diversity and inclusion, growth, development, and wellness.
PHMC is seeking a new Chief Executive Officer who will provide visionary leadership and guidance in ensuring the optimal strategic positioning and operating/financial performance for the organization. The new CEO will work with internal and external constituencies to guide PHMC’s continued development and evolution, to include an emphasis on service excellence, growth, community presence, and performance improvement.
Reporting to the Public Health Management Corporation Board of Directors, and building upon the strong foundation and market position that PHMC has achieved, the new Chief Executive Officer will bring diverse stakeholders together to articulate and execute a strategic vision which continually assesses and takes advantage of changing market dynamics and seizes opportunities related to innovation, the ongoing development of continuum of care strategies, and contemporary business models – all in partnership with key stakeholders.
More specifically, PHMC is seeking a new CEO who will bring the following:
- A commitment to building upon and continually communicating the mission, vision, identity, and community presence of PHMC;
- The ability to build upon and expand the trusting and effective partnerships currently existing, both internal and external to PHMC;
- A leader and a partner with others in envisioning the future direction of PHMC;
- A demonstrated and sustainable track record in ensuring a high performance and collaborative team committed to executing around a shared vision;
- A demonstrated and sustainable track record in conceptualizing and building an integrated system of care delivery, with a focus on service, quality, and growth;
- Within the context of population health management, a commitment to and experience in new business development and in growing a complex, multi-entity organization and in working collaboratively with partners who share PHMC’s values;
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and ability to lead PHMC in a way that embraces and builds upon the diversity that exists within the organization and in the communities that the organization serves.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in public health, healthcare administration, social work, business, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of eight years’ experience in executive leadership capacities with human services, public health, or other healthcare organization.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of current trends and practices in community-based care, behavioral health care, and public health.
- Demonstrated skills in finance and operations; ability to lead from conceptualizing and executing new funding to maximizing dollar impact to drive profit.
- Growth oriented and entrepreneurial with the ability to identify opportunities for program development and growth through partnerships, joint ventures, or acquisition.
- Policial savviness in order to navigate organization, community, and government politics.
- Exemplary communication and advocacy skills combined with a track record of success in developing and nurturing partnerships to serve the needs of diverse communities.
Interested candidates should submit a resume in confidence to CEOPHMC@divsearch.com. PHMC is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, equity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.