It is the mission of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to enhance and protect the health and well-being of all Americans. The Maine DHHS serves approximately one-third of the state’s population, providing health care and social service support to children, families, the elderly, the disabled, people with mental illness or substance abuse issues, and the poor. MaineCare is a federal and state-funded public health insurance program run by Maine’s DHHS which pays the medical expenses of people who are unable to pay some or all of their own medical expenses. The Office MaineCare Services (OMS) works collaboratively with the Office of the Governor on health reform and coordinates with other health plans on statewide healthcare improvement initiatives. OMS assures that the health care programs and services it administers operate in line with Department goals, federal mandates, and State policy.
As MaineCare’s Pharmacy Director, this individual will manage the Pharmacy Benefits Division. The Pharmacy Benefits Division is comprised of a staff of 12 State and contracted employees and provides pharmacy-related benefits totaling $200 million to 250,000 Maine residents annually. This leader will manage the PBM contract including customer satisfaction escalation for Maine citizens, monitor division staff to deliver high quality programs, and oversee the Drug Utilization Review committee to ensure effective and appropriate drug treatments. This individual will serve as a member of the OMS senior management team, and participate in the decision-making processes concerning MaineCare programs and services on a statewide basis. In addition, this executive will provide advice and guidance to the OMS Director of MaineCare Services in the formulation of statewide administrative, operational, and programmatic policies.
- Proven success with at least four years of experience related to pharmacy.
- Ability to research laws and regulations, analyze data to find trends, effectively solve problems, and provide solutions to senior leadership.
- Experience in managing outside consultants and contracts.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the health care field, especially Medicaid (MaineCare) and other governmental health care services.
- Demonstrated commitment to management and leadership development through participation in meetings, professional memberships and continuing education.