Lee Health, based in Fort Myers, Florida, invites nominations and applications for the position of System Medical Director, Adult Specialty and Surgical Services.
The System Medical Director, Adult Specialty and Surgical Services will report to the Chief Physician and Operations Executive of Lee Health’s large and swiftly growing multi-specialty medical group, Lee Physician Group (LPG). LPG currently employs 891 physicians and advanced practice providers and is expected to grow to 1200 providers in the next two years. LPG providers work across the 95 Lee Health facilities, which includes the system’s four acute care hospitals, three ambulatory surgery centers, a home health agency, three skilled nursing facilities, 11 Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC-Las) and four urgent care clinics.
Lee Health is a public, not-for-profit health system with revenues of approximately $2.3B and 1865 beds. With 1.5 million patient contacts each year, Lee Health is the largest public health system in the state of Florida, receiving no direct tax support. Lee Health enjoys a dominant market share for both inpatient and outpatient services in the counties it offers services. Lee Health is in a state of rapid expansion to keep up with the area’s steep population growth and hold the System’s competitive market position.
The System Medical Director of Adult Specialty and Surgical Services with be charged with assuring high levels of clinical outcomes, customer service, and productivity within the assigned areas of responsibility across the system. In collaboration with the CMO of Physician Services and Population Health, this person will provide medical oversight and direction, functional leadership and accountability for the medical care provided. The system medical director works in partnership and serves as a liaison between administrative leadership and the physician community to improve performance toward system goals.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Minimum of 7 years of clinical experience.
- Physician management and leadership experience in an inpatient and outpatient setting required.
- Robust skillset in conflict management, physician relations and engagement, and guiding new initiatives.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships within a matrix organization.
- Experience functioning in a physician/administrator management team environment.
- Strength in leading and implementing quality improvement initiatives.
- Ability to analyze, design, and implement clinical workflows and structures that achieve organizational performance goals.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- A strong mission driven, and passionate leader.
- MD or DO degree with appropriate license in good standing; board certified in approved specialty.
To inquire, apply or nominate, contact Katie Haddock of Diversified Search Group at email@example.com or 480-453-6971.