Knapheide is a privately held, rapidly growing manufacturer and supplier of truck equipment and van interiors. Company-branded products are primarily manufactured in a state-of-the-art plant facility located at the headquarters in Illinois and distributed nationwide through a network of dealers and distributors, in addition to company-owned installation centers. Operations include final assembly/up-fitting or integration, and distribution of truck equipment and van interiors. The organization is a recognized leader in the industry and is well-known for its commitment to quality and customer service. Senior management is team-driven and dedicated to utilizing metrics and Lean manufacturing processes to achieve continuous improvement at all levels of the enterprise.
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing operational results with a wholesale/retail operation and installation center located in a 10,000 square foot facility on a 3-acre site. The selected candidate will be accountable for growing a customer-focused, results-oriented operational team. Exemplary quality, on-time delivery, meeting productivity targets, and customer focus are key measures of success.
- A Bachelors’ degree in business, engineering, or a related field is expected.
- Candidates should possess five or more years of progressive work experience in all aspects of plant or site management in a production environment involving metal fabrication, welding, painting, and general mechanical operations.
- A strong systems background involving supply chain/materials management, scheduling, implementing Lean concepts, and utilizing metrics are essential to success.
- The selected candidate must be a team builder and team player with strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience in building an operating plan and achieving cost efficiency as well as bottom-line results.
- A background in managing shop floor operations with demonstrated experience in 6S, Lean Manufacturing, or other formal productivity improvement programs.
- Experience in implementing sound safety practices and a safety culture.
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills, excellent mentoring abilities, and a history of building relationships at all levels in the organization.
- A professional image and strong work ethic, in addition to demonstrated management and organizational abilities, good communication and listening skills, and a highly flexible, “hands-on” approach to the workplace.