About FedNow and Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
The Federal Reserve is developing a new interbank 24x7x365 real-time gross settlement (RTGS) service with integrated clearing functionality, called the FedNow service. This service will help enable financial institutions provide their customers with the ability to send and receive payments any time, any day, and have full access to those funds within seconds. This position is a unique opportunity to be part of a new mission-critical Federal Reserve initiative that will be transformative to the payments landscape in the United States.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
As part of the central bank of the United States, the Boston Fed works to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation. We contribute to communities, the region, and the nation by conducting economic research, participating in monetary policy-making, supervising certain financial institutions, providing financial services and payments, playing a leadership role in the payments industry, and supporting economic well-being in communities through a variety of efforts.
For more information on the Federal Reserve, please visit its website.
The Senior HR Business Partner (Sr. HRBP) supporting the FedNow Program provides strategic Human Resources (HR) consultation and customized solutions across the Program by serving as a strategic partner to leaders, managers and employees, integrating HR strategy and providing guidance that adds value to the business. The Sr HRBP effectively delivers HR programs to the FedNow Program related to talent management strategies and supporting FedNow leaders in their managerial responsibilities to successfully manage in a matrix environment. Consults with Reserve Bank HR centers of expertise and System HR colleagues (talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, learning and development, HR technology and analytics) to ensure HR policies and procedures are well understood and utilized within FedNow. Helps drive FedNow’s culture and engagement aligned with the Bank. The Senior HR Business Partner reports to the FedNow Human Resources, AVP and the Director, HR Business Partners.
- Building a strong HR partnership with FedNow business leaders and a deep understanding of the FedNow Program to ensure the seamless delivery of HR strategy and programs.
- Working closely with FedNow management to understand business strategies and initiatives, proactively analyzes and identifies human capital issues and trends, and partners with HR to recommend and implement integrated human capital strategies to enhance attraction and retention.
- Effectively executing the talent management programs that support workforce engagement, development and retention strategies.
- Driving the onboarding strategies and training programs to ensure acclimation to the FedNow program and continued learning in key management practices, Program and Bank leadership and culture competencies.
- Leading the talent review and performance feedback programs to support ongoing talent development and succession planning.
- Coaching and building the capabilities of managers to anticipate and pre-empt organizational issues
- Supporting complex employee relations matters through active engagement with managers, employees, CAO and HR leadership and Legal advisors.
- Collaborating closely with the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to ensure our talent management and employee engagement efforts support a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
- Liaising with FRB Boston, System HR and Legal colleagues to develop, administer and maintain all necessary FedNow HR programs and processes to manage the human capital resources of the FedNow Program.
- Monitoring trends and best practices in the responsible areas of expertise and HR more broadly to continuously drives improvements in tools and policies through external market trends, insight and internal best practices.
- Understanding and anticipating the need for change, diagnosing the underlying issues and building the case for change with stakeholders. Developing frameworks to plan and manage the continuous process of change including dependencies, risk, potential scenarios and options to mitigate.
- Completing other duties as assigned, such as participating in, leading and/or championing relevant special projects.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
Human Resources Expertise
The Senior HR Business Partner will possess comprehensive knowledge of human resources best practices, including compliance, organizational development, compensation/ classification, talent acquisition and recruitment, and HR technology and analytics. The Senior HR Business Partner will also be skilled in developing inclusive strategies for the recruitment, hiring, and retention of a diverse staff, including implementing organization-wide learning and development initiatives and opportunities.
Relationship Building and Communication
The Senior HR Business Partner will possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to listen intently, think clearly, and respond effectively and empathically to various challenges. This individual must root their approach to managing relationships in integrity and high ethical conduct, with a deep appreciation of discretion and confidentiality. The Senior HR Business Partner must be able to deliver complex messages while maintaining positive relationships and engendering an environment of trust and mutual respect. This individual will be a strong writer, capable of preparing written reports for senior leaders that effectively summarize investigations and other material reports.
Passion for the Mission
A purpose-driven and values-oriented professional, the Senior HR Business Partner must be driven by a passion for FedNow’s Mission: To develop an instant payment service to enable financial institutions of every size, and in every community across the U.S., to provide safe and efficient instant payment services in real time, around the clock, every day of the year.
Equity and Inclusion Thought Partner
A compassionate individual, the Senior HR Business Partner will bring an equity and belonging lens to identify the various ways to enhance the FedNow culture. A resourceful coach and capable facilitator, the Senior HR Business Partner, will enthusiastically lead the organization’s staff in developing the awareness, comfort, and confidence to address and champion equity in all aspects of the organization and its services through the implementation of inclusive and equitable HR systems, policies, and procedures.
The Senior HR Business Partner will be an agile professional able to prioritize key projects and key tactical activities; ensuring timely completion of deliverables and overall quality of deliverables. The Senior HR Business Partner will identify and frame project/client needs, propose solutions and ensure appropriate issues and systematic priorities are addressed. He or she will collaborate and coordinate with other departments (e.g., FRB HR, Legal, ODEI, etc.) and business units to ensure strategies address the full continuum of issues. This individual will provide fast response, timely follow up and follow through on requests from senior leaders, managers and staff, and prioritize task and projects to best support the strategic business goals and talent agenda.
Lastly, the Senior HR Business Partner will possess the ability to streamline decision-making processes (including goal setting, communications, and measurement of performance).
In addition, strong candidates will bring:
- Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- Master’s degree in Business or Human Resources preferred; advanced HR certificates preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years human resources experience with proven success in leadership or consulting roles.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and competencies with the ability to manage and develop strategy.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the HR field and the link between HR strategy and programs and business strategy.
- Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy.
- Ability to identify and implement innovative ways to support the business strategy.
- Basic understanding of HR-related federal and state laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and leverage organizational interdependencies, interfaces and processes including the ability to work through demanding situations and balance multiple priorities
- Demonstrated competencies in leadership, strategic thinking and business focus.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills that effectively reach all levels of the organization.
- Microsoft Office proficiency required.
- Knowledge of Workday beneficial.
Logistics & Requirements
- Travel within U.S. required – 15% of time
- This job is eligible for a hybrid schedule with some on-site work expected.
- Residence within the Federal Reserve First District / New England area required.
- A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully-vaccinated (1 or 2 shot vaccination) and boosted against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank’s vaccination policy; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Koya Partners, the executive search firm that specializes in mission-driven search, has been exclusively retained for this engagement. Kim Dukes, Managing Director, and Kristina Dorne, Senior Search Associate, of Koya Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. To express interest in this role please submit your materials here. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Koya Partners is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals living with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual living with a disability and need assistance expressing interest online, please email NonprofitSearchOps@divsearch.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.