Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a not-for-profit community health system dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of the people of Northeast Georgia. NGHS is anchored by Northeast Georgia Medical Center’s four hospital campuses with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members representing more than 50 specialties. The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) is the largest cardiology practice in the region, with more than 30 physicians seeing patients at 15 locations.
NGHS seeks a strategic and visionary Executive Director for Georgia Heart Institute (GHI) to join its growing team. The Executive Director will help develop strategy, ensure programmatic growth, and recruit and develop staff for the cardiology service line, which is of critical importance to the System. This leader will be expected to foster a culture of excellence, collaboration, intellectual curiosity, and mutual support within NGHS.
Reporting to the System COO in partnership with the President of the Georgia Heart Institute (GHI), the Executive Director is responsible for the development, implementation and on-going business operations of the cardiac inpatient and outpatient services of the Northeast Georgia Health System. These departments include the catheterization and electrophysiology labs, echo, stress-testing, nuclear cardiology, cardiac imaging, endovascular operating rooms and cardiac rehab services. Other areas of responsibility include supply chain, marketing, research, safety and data management.
- Masters degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, or equivalent professional education in the field of cardiology.
- Five to seven years of progressively advancing administrative leadership of a cardiac service line with proficiency in operations, strategy, marketing, finance and building and maintaining strong physician relationships.
- Additional certification in areas of heath care quality, patient care utilization or process improvement is desirable.
- Demonstrable servant leadership mindset.
- Work history of positive collegial relations with medical staff, nursing and ancillary staff, administrators, patients and families.
- Excellent oral and written communications abilities.
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Track record of promoting best-in-class customer satisfaction programs.
- FACHE preferred.