Executive Director, Center for Advanced Healthcare at Brownwood

  • The Villages Health
  • , FL

This position has been filled.

Grant Cooper is seeking a Executive Director to lead the new Center for Advanced Healthcare at Brownwood for The Villages Health.The Villages is America’s premier active adult retirement community. It consists of more than 55,000 homes with a population of approximately 120,000. The entire 40 square-mile community, spanning three counties, is accessible by golf cart. Although, The Villages is focused on creating a perfect lifestyle for residents 55 and over, it also provides an amazing value proposition for employees, including those with young families. There are several family friendly communities adjacent to The Villages. They are conveniently located near The Villages Charter Schools (VCS), which serve students from early childhood through high school. Children of The Villages employees are eligible for priority admittance to VCS.

The Villages Health, founded in 2012, already has more than 40,000 active patients and is growing rapidly. The Villages Health is the largest multi-specialty practice group in the tri-county area with 40 primary care physicians and 20 specialty physicians, currently representing 12 different specialties. The Villages Health works collaboratively with a variety of independent, single specialty groups in the tri-county area. The Villages Health has developed eight Care Centers – seven primary care, one specialty care. It has achieved Level 3 PCMH recognition and a 4.95-star HEDIS score. The same forward-thinking clinical philosophy and high quality of care that is delivered at the Care Centers will now be extended to the specialty care arena in the development of the Center for Advanced Healthcare at Brownwood.

The Center for Advanced Healthcare at Brownwood (CAHB) will be a 285,000 square-foot “bedless hospital” connected to a 151-room hotel with a 6,500 square-foot spa, a Wolfgang Puck restaurant and a conference center encompassing 215,000 square feet with a large exterior event space. The project will be built on a site that is approximately 31 acres in size and is next to The Villages’ town of Brownwood. The Villages Health will be the single largest tenant in the space, occupying approximately 40% of the space, and will coordinate the activities of the group of clinical tenants who will occupy the remaining 60%. Those tenants have already been identified, and site work for the building has begun, with completion expected in late 2019.

Position Overview

The Executive Director will lead the operations of the new Center for Advanced Healthcare at Brownwood (CAHB), which will be the flagship facility for The Villages Health specialty services when it opens in January 2020. This is a truly unique leadership opportunity in an innovative and rapidly growing organization providing a new model of care.


  • Master’s degree in business or healthcare administration with seven to ten years of healthcare management experience.
  • Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and leadership skills.
  • Proven critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, including resolution of complex problems requiring innovative solutions.
  • Ability to collaborate across various stakeholder groups and influence change.
  • Ability to navigate in a growing, evolving, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
Scroll to top