Geisinger Health System is an integrated health services organization widely recognized for its innovative use of the electronic health record and the development of innovative care delivery models such as ProvenHealth Navigator and ProvenCare. As one of the nation’s largest health service organizations, Geisinger serves more than 3 million residents throughout 45 counties in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania, and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of AtlantiCare, a National Malcolm Baldrige Award recipient. The physician-led system is comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 12 hospital campuses, two research centers and a 510,000-member health plan, all of which leverage an estimated $8.9 billion positive impact on the Pennsylvania economy. Geisinger has repeatedly garnered national accolades for integration, quality, and service. In addition to fulfilling its patient care mission, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to medical education, research, and community service.
The Director of Radiation Oncology will direct all patient care and clinical support facilities for radiation oncology within the cancer service line and be responsible for the overall operation and growth of radiation oncology in conjunction with the service line leader across the Geisinger Health System. The Director will facilitate the development of new radiation oncology programs and services. S/he will ensure the overall quality of radiation-oncology clinical services at all radiation oncology sites across the service line and ensure staff accountability for excellence through clearly defined, collaboratively established and measurable goals.
- Board Certified in Radiation Oncology.
- Residency training in Radiation Oncology.
- Pennsylvania State Medical Licensure or eligible (MD or DO).
- Fulfill all requirements for Geisinger Health System credentialing.
- At least five years but prefer ten years of clinical practice beyond residency training.
- Experience in leadership of a Section, Department, Program or Practice.
- Documented experience and success in clinical research.