About Dalberg Advisors
We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Media and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, or the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 700+ people from over 55 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, with a 40% female leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners, and communities.
For more information on Dalberg Advisors, please visit https://dalberg.com/
The Director of People Operations will be a senior leadership role within the firm overseeing the People Operations functions and supporting staff across our rapidly growing Americas offices – New York, Mexico City, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington DC. Reporting to the Regional Director of the Americas and liaising with colleagues across the globe, this role will manage two direct reports and a growing team of ~5 People Operations professionals in total.
This position can be based in any of our Americas locations. Dalberg Advisors is currently working 100% remote until September 2022; after that there will be a hybrid work environment with 2-3 days in the office expected.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive talent strategy that brings a strong diversity, equity, and inclusion lens to recruiting, developing, motivating, and retaining staff across the Americas
- Champion a workplace that emphasizes inclusion and belonging and lead new initiatives through their ideation, planning, and execution phases alongside staff working groups
- Provide leadership on people related issues and human resources policies across the firm, including working with legal partners to ensure we are taking an equitable, compliant lens to our policies
- Identify training needs of the team and design and support roll-out of DEI, leadership, and technical skills development trainings in a variety of different forms (e.g., learning lunches, online trainings, in-person events)
- Lead and strengthen the performance management processes to grow and develop consulting and operations staff members
- Support and motivate the People Operations team by balancing getting into the weeds on details of processes and providing strategic problem-solving support. These efforts may include:
- Guidance on consultant project staffing processes, including problem-solving prioritization puzzles
- Supporting the development and execution of the recruitment and onboarding strategy, from candidate identification, through interview processes, and then onboarding into the firm
- Developing and leading a comprehensive retention strategy that includes a specific focus on diversity, equity and inclusion
- Providing strategic guidance on Human Resource related issues
What We Offer:
- A highly collaborative, flat, and entrepreneurial organization that provides the platform to make an impact on day one
- A uniquely talented, highly diverse, passionate, and fun team, with a culture supportive of employee work/life balance
- A deep commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism in our culture, beliefs, systems, and processes
- Ability to influence best practices regionally and globally, working with colleagues located around the world
- Competitive benefits and career development opportunities
You are a passionate people professional energized by creating an inclusive culture where staff can thrive. As the leader of the People Operations team across Dalberg Americas, you will strike a balance between getting into the weeds to apply your knowledge and designing strategic plans for the future. We seek an individual with the competencies below:
- Experienced people professional. You have over 10 years of experience leading various talent functions and deeply understand how to attract, recruit, develop, motivate, and retain staff in a fast-paced culture. You have experience designing a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategy and embedding those principles into all aspects of talent growth and culture.
- You are able to work seamlessly with all levels of an organization, working hand-in-hand with your team and with other functions to influence decision-making and achieve impact. You enjoy coaching teams, engaging with peers to share best practices and challenges, and sharing and receiving feedback.
- Strategic and creative problem-solver. You are able to execute on today’s challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we will be six months, one year, and five years from now. You are eager to be innovative to solve challenges and drive forward new ideas and initiatives. You are comfortable using both quantitative and qualitative analyses to analyze issues and balance business and impact goals.
- Industrious and organized. You are adaptable. You work well in an entrepreneurial environment and can prioritize competing priorities while maintaining an attention to detail.
For this role, fluency in English is required and fluency in Spanish is an advantage given our growing team in Latin America.
Compensation & Benefits
The target salary for the position (if based in one of Dalberg’s US offices) is $162,000 with a 20% performance bonus potential. If the finalist we hire is based in the Mexico City office, salary and bonus will be adjusted for MX COL. More detail to be provided in an initial interview. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision insurance and a generous PTO plan, among other benefits.
Koya Partners, an executive search firm that specializes in mission-driven search, has been exclusively retained for this engagement. Karen Yetman Rea, Managing Director is leading this search. To express interest in this role please submit your materials here.
All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
The application deadline is July 22, 2022 and applications received by that date will be given priority but we will accept applications until the position is filled. Zoom interviews will take place from mid-July through August and we anticipate extending an offer by the end of August or early September.
Dalberg Advisors is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
At Koya, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team, our clients, and the communities we serve.
Koya Partners is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals living with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual living with a disability and need assistance expressing interest online, please email NonprofitSearchOps@divsearch.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit koyapartners.com.