Situated in the heart of Richmond, the capital of Virginia since 1779, Virginia Commonwealth University serves an integral role in the economic health of the city — educating the current and future workforce, reaching out to the community, advancing research and enhancing patient care. Richmond boasts a rich history with a mix of Fortune 500 companies that supports student internships and business opportunities. VCU also has campuses in Northern Virginia; Doha, Qatar; and Charles City County, VA. In 1968, the Medical College of Virginia and the Richmond Professional Institute merged to become VCU, the state’s most comprehensive urban university.
The Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory will be an accomplished interventional cardiologist with demonstrated skills in the areas of coronary artery disease, structural heart disease and/or peripheral vascular disease. The Director should be clinically oriented and possess sufficient research and teaching experience to be eligible for academic appointment.
- Doctorate in Medicine.
- Board certification in interventional cardiology.
- Eligible for medical licensure in the State of Virginia.
- Sufficient research and teaching experience to be eligible for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor.
- National recognition and a demonstrated record of scholarly and academic achievement.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.