About the Center for Policing Equity
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) uses evidence-informed approaches to social justice problems in public safety systems and conducts research to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change. CPE works with law enforcement and communities to change the policies and procedures that perpetuate bias in policing and use their Data-Driven Interventions (DDI’s) to equip law enforcement and communities to address racial bias systematically and redesign public safety. CPE also focuses on leveraging technology to analyze data on police stops, searches, arrests, and use of force to measure disparities and reveal patterns of unjust outcomes.
For more information on the Center for Policing Equity, please visit their website: https://policingequity.org
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) is looking for an SVP of Finance and Operations (SVP) with an unwavering passion for social justice issues. The SVP will join CPE at an inflection point and will play a critical role in preparing the organization for future growth by 1) leading the internal financial strategy and planning; 2) providing leadership for the Finance team to develop and sustain a resilient infrastructure to advance the mission of the organization; 3) work with the VP of Program Management to support the organization’s work; 4) oversee the Talent and Culture, and Administration sub verticals.
The SVP of Finance and Operations will lead the planning and development, internal communication, management, and implementation of CPE’s financial strategy. Under the COO, and in collaboration with key teams and stakeholders, the SVP will translate strategy into actionable goals for performance and growth, support and enable impact assessment, and drive performance management. The SVP also will collaborate with other senior leaders, including the VP of Program Management, to align mission and operational planning, and hold members of management accountable for implementation of financial strategies. CPE has more than 100 staff and operates on an $8M annual budget.
This role will report to the President and Chief Operating Officer and sit on the Senior Leadership Team for the organization. It is ideal for an individual who thrives on being strategic and forward-looking, while also focused on managing details and ensuring the highest quality of work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with leadership team to create and execute the financial plan that will support the firm’s growth in staff and scope;
- Oversee the financial status of the organization, including the development of long- and short-range financial plans, monitoring the budget, developing forecasts, and ensuring sound financial controls are in place;
- Provide regular financial analysis to the CEO and leadership/executive team, as well as quarterly updates to the Board;
- Ensure high-quality program execution while managing the VP of Program Management and the Program Management Office for current and future growth;
- Analyze internal operations and identify areas of process enhancement;
- Lead and motivate a high-performing management team and provide a positive leadership example for all staff;
- Oversee company financial operations, building a highly inclusive culture that ensures team members thrive and organizational outcomes are met;
- Work with the Talent and Culture team to attract, coach, and retain high-performing staff;
- Promote and enable organizational learning around nonprofit core functions and strategic alignment;
- Enable systems for revenue tracking and grants management.
The SVP will be a values-oriented executive with a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion who exhibits the CPE Senior Leadership core competencies including:
- Future Vision – sets the organization’s vision and promotes it by clearly articulating where the organization needs to be in future;
- Leadership – continually invests in and cultivates meaningful genuine connections with team members and colleagues;
- Strategic Communication – promotes transparency by clearly and concisely articulating ideas, opinions, and information in accordance with CPE’s values;
- Organizational Agility – adapts to evolving external and internal environments by managing potential changes and risks to reduce impact;
- Decision-Making – draws conclusions based on available data and facts in a logical systematic fashion;
- Execution – strives to meet or exceed strategic targets as quickly as possible by leveraging available resources and solving problems creatively to get the job done.
The SVP will be responsible for developing and implementing more sophisticated policies and procedures for the Finance team. Candidates must demonstrate strong creative problem-solving and change management abilities and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
CPE is looking for an entrepreneurial professional with the agility, enthusiasm, and aptitude to thrive in a dynamic organization. Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- 10+ years of increasing responsibility and experience in budget, forecasting, and financial management;
- Ability to be a thought partner to Senior Leadership, identifying solutions for various needs and leading teams toward execution;
- Ability to be both strategic and tactical; willing to work alongside teams to dig into the details;
- Experience negotiating a rapidly scaling organization and working with remote teams;
- Ability to be flexible in the face of change and work within a fast-moving, changing environment;
- Demonstrate resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems;
- Experience overseeing or managing human resources and administration departments;
- Project management experience is a plus.
The salary range for this position is $180,000 – $195,000.
Koya Partners, the executive search firm that specializes in mission-driven search, has been exclusively retained for this engagement. Trisha Sutrisno and Amber Gomes of Koya Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. To express interest in this role please submit your materials here, or email Trisha and Amber directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Koya Partners is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals living with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual living with a disability and need assistance expressing interest online, please email NonprofitSearchOps@divsearch.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
The Center for Policing Equity strives to build a diverse team that is inclusive of multiple perspectives and welcoming for people of all backgrounds. Women and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.