Piedmont Healthcare is a not-for-profit healthcare organization with an expanding network of 8 hospitals and 16,500 employees, and centers of excellence in cardiovascular, neuroscience, orthopedic, oncology and transplant services. For more than a century, Piedmont Healthcare has been a recognized leader in delivering expert care. Last year, Piedmont served nearly two million patients – performing over 44,000 surgeries, delivering 8,000 babies, providing 471,695 outpatient encounters, completing 235 organ transplants and handling nearly 250,000 emergency room visits.
The Piedmont Physician Enterprise (PPE) includes over 800 employed physicians within the Piedmont Medical Care Corporation, the Piedmont Heart Institute, and the Piedmont Clinic. The Piedmont Clinic represents the organization’s Clinically Integrated Network (CIN). The CIN has over 1,700 physicians with membership enrollment in MSSP ACO and commercial value-based reimbursement arrangements. PPE includes over 2,500 employees and more than 125 clinical locations.
The Chief Operating Officer for the Piedmont Physician Enterprise will be responsible for the overall operational success and implementation of the ambulatory strategy for the health system and clinically integrated network. Serving as a dyad leader to the physician CEO, this role will implement strategies to grow revenues, contain costs, and maintain the highest level of clinical quality care.
- Ten years of progressively increasing leadership roles and five or more years of senior-level experience within a large group practice setting.
- Previous experience running a multisite medical group with profit and loss accountability, and a deep understanding of healthcare delivery operations, healthcare financing, and industry trends.
- Demonstrated leadership capacity to assume direct accountability for operations and the ability to lead and motivate people to achieve agreed-upon results. Proven track record attaining alignment in physician compensation models, organizational culture, and operational approaches.
- Acumen implementing value-based reimbursement models in a Clinically Integrated Network or Accountable Care Organization setting. Experience aligning care management and care team processes to optimize value-based approaches to patient care and reimbursement.
- Master’s degree along with a proven track record of exemplary leadership experience in the healthcare industry.