Methodist Dallas Medical Center (MDMC) is the 585-bed flagship facility of Methodist Health System. MDMC includes a Level I Trauma Center, Level III NICU, adult transplant program, brain & spine institute, cancer center, heart program, and more than 250 physicians in 60 specialties. Methodist Health System includes four acute care hospitals and three joint venture specialty hospitals with 1,200 beds; nearly 30 health centers, as well as a foundation. In 2015 Becker’s Hospital Review named Methodist Health System one of “150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” for the fifth year in a row. The Dallas Business Journal named it one of the “Best Places to Work” for the twelfth consecutive year in 2015.
Reporting to the hospital President, the Chief Operating Officer/Vice President, Operations will responsible for the day to day operational leadership of the hospital, and have overall accountability for administrative and departmental functions integral to strategic success. This role will provide leadership and direction in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of activities and will be responsible for leading and managing a comprehensive array of programs across multiple service lines providing medical care.
- Experience as a leader within a hospital, having previously served as a VP, Operations; Chief Operating Officer; Chief Administrative Officer; or ancillary services leader.
- Proven ability to expand and redesign services using innovative approaches to maximize clinical quality and efficiency.
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach to decision-making. Experience working within a highly complex organization or health system essential.
- Experience working within a high acuity setting, preferably with a Level I Trauma center.
- Postgraduate degree in Healthcare or Business Administration or related field.
- Exemplary written and interpersonal communications skills.