An affiliation between Athens Regional Health System (ARHS) and Piedmont Healthcare was announced in December 2015. Effective on October 1, 2016, ARHS will become Piedmont Athens Regional Medical Center (PARMC). Athens Regional Health System (ARHS) is one of northeast Georgia’s largest healthcare systems. Made up of an acute care hospital with 350-plus beds, four urgent care centers, a quality network of physicians and specialists, a health maintenance organization, and a home health agency. The cornerstone of ARHS is Athens Regional Medical Center (ARMC), now PARMC. PARMC is a mission-driven, not-for-profit hospital and regional referral center, offering services such as maternal/child, advanced imaging, minimally invasive surgeries, an American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer approved oncology department, and a nationally recognized cardiovascular program.
The Chief Nursing Officer will support the mission of PARMC by providing leadership over the practice of Nursing, both clinically and operationally, throughout the medical center and ensure consistency of practice in an interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. As a member of the medical center’s executive team, the Chief Nursing Officer assumes an active leadership role with the medical center’s governing body, senior leadership, medical staff, management, and other clinical leaders in the medical center’s decision-making structure. The Chief Nursing Officer oversees the patient care implications of decisions made in relation to quality as well as the effects these decisions may have on caregivers. Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer for Piedmont Health System and the CEO of Athens Regional, the Chief Nursing Officer sets the strategic direction of the Nursing Department in alignment with the medical center’s strategic plan.
- RN with an undergraduate degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Proven success with at least five years of progressive management experience in nursing administration and clinical nursing.
- Ability to analyze and effectively solve problems across the system.
- Demonstrated commitment to management and leadership development through participation in meetings, professional memberships, and continuing education.
- Polished executive presence, stellar interpersonal and written communication skills.