Greenville Health System (GHS), founded as a city hospital in 1912, is a public not-for-profit academic health system committed to health care delivery, workforce education and development, and clinical research. Over the last 100 years, the organization has evolved from a single free-standing hospital to a highly integrated delivery system and now an academic medical center with teaching and research programs and a broad academic mission. In that time, GHS has become the state’s largest not-for-profit healthcare system and an advocate for healthy living initiatives, such as LiveWell Greenville, the GHS Swamp Rabbit Trail and Greenville B-cycle, the city’s new bike share program. GHS a health resource for its community and a leader in transforming the delivery of health care for the benefit of the people and communities it serves.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO), MyHealth First Network (“CIN”) will serve as the physician leader charged with developing and implementing population health and chronic disease management strategies, and overseeing utilization management for the physician led clinically integrated network, currently comprised of close to 2,000 physicians. The CMO will play a significant role in the development and leadership of the organization and participate in the execution of clinical care management activities. The CMO will work in collaboration with other physician leaders and operations and finance leaders to ensure the development of process and infrastructure within the organization is capable of taking and managing risk for populations. The CMO will develop key relationships with the CIN Board of Managers, CIN Committees and other physician and non-physician participants. The CMO will also provide input and direction to the CCI from the point of view of a CIN CMO’s point of view. This may require consultation with other CINs in which the CCI may be providing services.
- Medical Degree and Board Certification required.
- Master’s degree in hospital, healthcare or business management preferred.
- Five plus years of clinical and management experience, including experience with provider owned health plans or government sponsored programs.
- Ability to provide effective support and leadership, as needed, to a governing body and committees of the governing body.
- A commitment to the use of technology to improve and positively impact patient care.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards appropriate to position.