CommonSpirit Health is the nation’s largest not for profit health care system with $30 billion in annual revenue, a 21-state network of 25,000 providers, 150,000 employees, 142 hospitals, for-profit businesses, international ventures, home health, and other operations with $38 billion in assets and a $21 billion investment portfolio. As a mission-driven health system, CommonSpirit Health is committed to building healthier communities, advocating for the disenfranchised, and innovating how and where healing can happen—both inside hospitals and out in the community.
Dignity Health Medical Foundation (DHMF) is the West Operating Division of the CommonSpirit Physician Enterprise. It encompasses over 1,100 providers across 18 groups, including approximately 850 physicians and 300 midlevels. DHMF encompasses over 1 million covered lives in some form of value-based or risk arrangement across the state of California.
The Senior Vice President, CommonSpirit Health Physician Enterprise California, will be responsible for the executive leadership and strategic direction of the medical group, ensuring clinical, operational, and fiscal success. This role will maintain the highest level of care focused on fully integrated, high quality and cost-effective healthcare outcomes. This position will oversee the future growth of the physician enterprise, including growth of clinical service lines, and the monitoring of budgets and productivity measures to assure defined targets are attained. As the primary outward-facing representative of the Physician Enterprise, this role will cultivate and maintain professional relationships with external stakeholders to foster enhanced community interaction. This role will focus on optimizing culture, quality, and safety, and foster the ongoing development of population health initiatives.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Medical group leadership experience in a large multi-specialty group strongly preferred.
- A physician leadership (MD/DO) or administrative leadership (master’s prepared) background, within an integrated delivery system or complex health care organization; seven or more years of senior executive leadership experience required.
- Significant depth in capitation arrangements in full-risk or downside risk models, and proven ability to motivate physicians to success under such arrangements.
- Prior profit and loss accountability, and strong understanding of healthcare delivery financing, healthcare operations, and industry trends.
- Depth in building strong relationships across expanding physician entities, fostering collegial relationships and engendering a culture of success.
- Proven background in standardization and continuous improvement in the clinical environment with a focus on patient experience. Background in process redesign, performance improvement, and innovation strongly desired.
- Commitment to advocating for policies that improve health outcomes for the most vulnerable members of our communities. Devotion to diversity and inclusion.
- Strong executive presence and excellent public speaker