Ascension Michigan Ministry operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 23,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided over $311 million in community benefit for persons living in poverty in FY2020. Serving Michigan for over 140 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
Ascension Health is one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the US operating 2,600 sites of care including 150 hospitals and more than 40 senior care living facilities in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
The Ministry Market Executive for Ascension Michigan will provide leadership in ensuring the strategic positioning and optimal operating effectiveness for the Ministry Market focusing on growth and the development of Clinically Integrated Systems of Care. As the key interface between Ascension and the Ministry Market, the Ministry Market Executive provides leadership for the ongoing development, measurement, and integration of strategic, operational, clinical, financial, and Mission-related goals. The Ministry Market Executive directly manages the Ministry Market senior leadership, which includes the senior operations leaders, senior clinical physician leaders, and other market-specific senior leadership roles.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Undergraduate and advanced degrees required which could include Master’s or Doctoral degrees in business, finance, healthcare administration, public health, public policy or other health related disciplines;
- A minimum of ten years of progressive, senior level leadership with operations or strategic planning experience in a highly complex, multi-site healthcare organization within the context of a larger system;
- A values driven, virtuous servant leadership style which guides thoughts and action including a sensitivity to the mission and core values of Ascension;
- Prior experience in providing leadership across highly competitive urban and suburban markets, with a track record of having met financial, operational and other organizational goals;
- Proven track record of success in leading highly efficient and profitable healthcare operations in a sustainable manner. Must be a superb operator with an excellent grasp of the key business drivers in healthcare today;
- Deep knowledge of current healthcare industry issues including payment reform, access to care, health system transformation, enhanced quality and patient safety, regulatory relief, strengthening the workforce, and care of vulnerable populations;
- Possesses self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and social skills to direct large scale and complex initiatives;
- Understands how to build, manage and keep trust in situations where decision and action must be taken, by various stakeholders, without complete information or where there is great uncertainty;
- Able to take on large and complex problems and filter them through a wide range of possible solutions with a curiosity to imagine what has yet to be discovered;
- Able to generate common, multi-dimensional threads of interests and involvement among entities that look at a challenge from different and yet complementary vantage points;
- Has the ability to work through a diverse constituency base to “tune into” what is going on beyond what is being observed in social and political contexts;
- A courageous and innovative individual with a “can do attitude” that can inspire an organization to do its best even in difficult circumstances
Interested candidates should submit their resume to Page Ettle at email@example.com