Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – with over 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 22 states and the District of Columbia.
Ascension Florida includes St. Vincent’s Health in Jacksonville, Florida and Sacred Heart Health System in Pensacola, Florida. St. Vincent’s Health includes 528-bed St. Vincent’s Riverside Hospital; 311-bed St. Vincent’s Southside; and 106-bed St. Vincent Clay County. Sacred Heart Health System includes 566-bed Sacred Heart Hospital and 4 additional community hospitals. There are over 800 members of the Ascension Medical Group providing clinical care across both regions.
The Market Chief Financial Officer will serve as a catalyst and strategic leader, responsible for developing new business models for current and future changes to health care economics. Keys to the success of this position will be strong strategic skills, leadership ability, and knowledge base to help 1) integrate various Ascension-wide strategies; 2) optimize financial performance through understanding of the clinical processes and market shifts; and 3) develop business models to support strategic opportunities including new ventures, partnerships, and continuum of care business development planning and expansion. This role can reside in either Pensacola or Jacksonville, Florida.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Senior financial leadership experience in a large hospital or multi-hospital system.
- Proven track record in developing and monitoring capital and operational budgets in support of strategic goals and operational efficiency.
- Ability to successfully perform within a metrics-driven health care delivery system.
- Collaborative, team-oriented approach to decision-making.
- Experience working within a highly complex, matrixed organization is essential.
- Ability to develop and support joint venture relationships; experience in growth, development, and service line expansion.
- Experience within a faith-based organization desirable.
- MBA or other master’s level degree required.