About America Achieves
America Achieves’ strategic focus and mission is to advance inclusive economic growth, a good jobs economy, and broader access to the skills and credentials needed for good jobs and upward mobility. This includes creating clear pathways for economic advancement and success for all in a rapidly changing economy. America Achieves aims to help ensure Americans can obtain the economic and educational opportunities they need to be successful in the 21st century. It catalyzes large-scale impact by generating, supporting, and incubating high-potential ideas and initiatives, advancing public policy, including working closely with a number of federal agencies, providing technical assistance to state and local initiatives, delivering thought partnership and philanthropic funding to promising and scalable models for impact, and convening and advising public sector leaders, foundations, and other key leaders to accelerate and scale evidence-based partnerships and solutions.
Since 2020, America Achieves has leveraged its organization, track record, capacity, networks, and expertise to focus on addressing the economic and educational impact of the COVID-19 crisis and advancing long-term rebuilding and recovery. Its work is to offer public policy options and to leverage best-in-class expertise—as well as leverage philanthropy and a network of leaders and experts to support the design and implementation of large-scale federal initiatives to advance economic and educational opportunity. This includes advancing inclusive economic growth, moving current and potential workers – especially from underserved backgrounds and communities – into good jobs and upwardly mobile careers, and evidence-based educational interventions such as high-impact tutoring. This work advances access to a good jobs economy – including ensuring broader and fairer access to the credentials, degrees, and skills needed for upwardly mobile middle-skill jobs as our country recovers from the impact of the COVID -19 pandemic and rebuilds for the future.
For more information on America Achieves, please visit its website.
The Chief Financial & Administrative Officer (CFAO) will play a key role in determining America Achieves’ long-term capital and financial strategy and be the go-to source at the organization for complicated financial analyses that ensure America Achieves most effectively allocates its internal resources during rapid scaling and/or periods of transition.
This opportunity is ideal for an entrepreneurial builder-leader who thrives in a fast paced, highly collaborative, and mission-driven context.
The CFAO’s responsibilities include:
- Provide the CEO and executive leadership team with timely and unbiased analysis and insights to inform critical business decisions for the organization and drive operational performance;
- Communicate recommendations to executive management based on both financial and strategic implications of financial decisions with clarity;
- Closely partner with the CEO in particular to think about and advance financial strategy to drive innovative effective, scalable and sustainable programs and initiatives in order to attain the goals of America Achieves;
- Help ensure that America Achieves has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation.
- Develop and own America Achieves’ long-range financial planning model and actively perform financial analyses for a variety of strategic decisions;
- Lead all day-to-day accounting operations including functional responsibility over general ledger accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable operations;
- Coordinate the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results;
- Work with outside firm to conduct flawless audits;
- Prepare internal and external financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Construct detailed ad-hoc analyses (scenario modeling, sensitivity analyses, and contingency planning) to support internal capital allocation decision-making;
- Set and track key performance indicators (KPIs) and objectives, as well as play a significant role in the preparation of board materials and related reporting;
- Support the on-going evaluation of accounting and internal controls, including timely reconciliations of bank statements and balance sheet accounts, as well as the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database.
Administration and Human Resources
- Ensure seamless coordination and optimal support of all administrative activities and collaborative integration across multiple functions and departments;
- Lead all aspects of human resources including recruiting, onboarding, benefits, compensation, performance management, succession planning, human capital resource deployment, and professional development; Work alongside PEO to manage aspects of this work;
- Manage Legal and Compliance work within the organization, including serve as liaison to legal counsel, seek legal assistance as necessary, oversee risk management and legal activities including letters of agreement, contracts, lease, and other legal documents and agreements;
- Manage leases for office space and ensure that facilities meet the needs of America Achieves teams;
- Work with CEO to generate and manage an overall IT strategy for the organization that meets America Achieves’ needs as well as the needs of each high-impact initiative.
In addition to a strong commitment to the America Achieves mission, the Chief Financial & Administrative Officer must be motivated by the desire to continuously learn and grow and be excited by the prospect of rolling up their sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- 8+ years of progressive finance experience, including 5+ years of hands-on financial planning and analysis experience; Nonprofit finance experience preferred, but not required;
- A bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, accounting, or a related major or equivalent professional experience is required. Master of business administration (MBA) or certified financial analyst (CFA) certification, a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collect, manage, analyze, and extract key insights from quantitative data;
- Demonstrated ability to influence business decisions through logical reasoning and the effective presentation of recommendations and alternatives;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across functions and levels of management;
- Solid understanding of key accounting concepts and standards;
- Expert in Excel, experience building complex formulas, and manipulating large data sets;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain relationships;
- Excellent judgment in decision-making;
- High degree of flexibility and ability to adapt to a changing environment;
- Strong sense of self-motivation, self-agency and ability to follow-through.
America Achieves is an equal opportunity employer. It celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. It encourages applicants from people whether or not they perceive themselves as meeting 100% of the qualifications.
Compensation & Benefits
America Achieves will offer a base salary in the $200,000s / yearly, commensurate with experience. In addition, America Achieves offers a competitive package of employee benefits including comprehensive health insurance (medical/dental/vision), company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, and more.
Trisha Sutrisno and Amber Gomes of Koya Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. To express your interest in this role please submit your materials here or email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com directly. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Koya Partners is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals living with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual living with a disability and need assistance expressing interest online, please email NonprofitSearchOps@divsearch.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.