Founded in 1916, Morton Plant Hospital continues to be a leader in its field, having been nationally recognized by IBM Watson Health as one of the Top 100 Hospitals in the country for the 8th time. The 599-bed facility provides highly technical and specialized care to more than 50,000 patients annually and works in more than 50 specialty areas. With the recent opening of the Doyle Tower, Morton Plant Hospital continues its transformation to meet the future health care needs of the community.
The Chief Medical Officer will be responsible for working with the medical staff, the hospital President, and the Chief Nursing Executive to achieve the health system and medical staff mutual interests of delivering safe, high quality and efficient healthcare to the patients BayCare serves. The CMO will act as an advocate on behalf of all patients, the health system and the medical staff. Activities include coaching and mentoring physicians, active engagement around quality metrics, utilization review, and process improvement, as well as developing and maintaining a professionally competent medical staff. Finally, this CMO will work collaboratively across the system with peers to help promote a system approach of clinical integration, reducing clinical variation and excellence in the delivery of high-quality cost-efficient care.
- MD/DO or equivalent degree.
- MBA, MHA or equivalent degree preferred.
- Current Florida license or ability to obtain full, unrestricted licensure to practice medicine in Florida.
- 2+ years of successful executive leadership experience with depth in several of the clinical and physician enterprise functions.
- 10+ years of clinical experience.