Founded in 2002, the Executive Women's Forum (EWF), a Diversified Search Group company, is the premier member organization dedicated to engaging, advancing, and developing women leaders in Cybersecurity, IT Risk Management and Privacy. The EWF provides education, access, and opportunities to women at every stage of their career. Most importantly, it is a sisterhood where women are encouraged and supported to be their authentic selves, visualize their highest selves, and believe in themselves.
The EWF serves emerging leaders and the most prominent influential women in our field by facilitating virtual and live programs and events throughout the year. Programs include an Annual Conference, Specialized Forums, LIFT mentorship program, regional meetings, leadership development initiatives, and opportunities to network and engage with women globally. The EWF Leadership Academy offers global programs to build male and female leaders. The EWF Leadership Academy offers global programs to build male and female leaders.
Diversified Search Group is dedicated to recruiting inspiring, transformational leaders of every background who build culture, foster innovation, and deliver both social impact and financial performance. Diversified Search was founded almost five decades ago for the express purpose of placing candidates from underrepresented backgrounds with our client organizations. The firm established Diversified Search Group, comprised of our founding firm as well as the firms of Alta Associates, BioQuest, Koya Partners, Storbeck Search, and Grant Cooper, to harness the collective resources and industry expertise of our firms and create a new model in executive search.
Our firm’s breadth and industry depth enable us to provide highly consultative services, conveying insights and assessments drawn from years of experience across a wide spectrum of industries. Our firm is consistently ranked in the top ten search firms in the U.S. We view our size as an advantage, providing us the market presence necessary to attract top talent and the flexibility to gain access to that talent unencumbered.
For more information about the Executive Women’s Forum, please visit ewf-usa.com.
For more information about Diversified Search Group, please visit diversifiedsearch.com.
The Executive Women's Forum (EWF) seeks a Vice President, Operations to serve as a member of the executive management team responsible for maintaining and driving operational results. This crucial position has great influence on the organization’s strategic planning, business operations strategy, business development, and the achievement of organizational efficiency. The Vice President, Operations collaborates with the CEO and other executives to define the company’s strategic direction and long-term goals, creating, growing, and building a world class, industry leading organization.
Vice President, Operations
Reporting to the CEO, Executive Women’s Forum and Technology Officers & Cybersecurity Practice Leader, The Vice President, Operations is a robust and results-oriented leader, skilled communicator, and driven businessperson who can spur company growth, manage the day-to-day operations, shape the company’s operating capabilities, and spearhead the execution of actionable business strategies, while ensuring employee productivity and operational excellence.
An effective Vice President, Operations will possess a proven track record in operational management, business development, driving organizational success, and is adept at performance management, demonstrating the importance of management expertise.
This leader will bring inspiration, collaboration, energy, transparency, and a "mission driven " approach as they work with the EWF team to create and advance the EWF's strategic growth, impact, and success. This position will ensure the overall attainment, engagement, and satisfaction of current and future EWF Members, Corporate Benefactors, and Sponsors. Experience in a member-driven organization is preferred.
This is a remote role within Central or Eastern time zones.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Drive company results from both an operational and financial perspective working closely with the CEO, other key executive team members, and the Board of Advisors.
- Motivate, encourage, lead, and develop a high-performing team of direct and indirect reports, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and accountability.
- Set challenging and realistic goals for growth, performance and profitability and create effective measurement tools to gauge the efficiency and effectiveness of internal and external processes, track operational performance, and make data-driven decisions.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the company, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness across all departments.
- Proficient in managing Monday.com as an operations and financial projections tool.
- Develop and implement operational strategies, policies, and procedures to drive business growth and profitability.
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Steer continuous improvement initiatives to optimize operational processes and enhance productivity.
- Provide management to staff and leadership of the organization that aligns with the practice’s business plan and overall strategic vision.
- Utilizes business and data analytics, market research, and surveys to understand member and sponsor needs and perform competitive analysis.
- Create financial plans, projections, and operational budgets to reduce costs, drive top-line and bottom-line growth of memberships and sponsorships.
- Forge and maintain strategic partnerships and relationships with benefactors, vendors, community and partners.
- Serves as a credible and compelling spokesperson to current and prospective members, Ambassadors, Champions, and advocacy organizations; represent the company in meetings, conferences, and industry events as a knowledgeable and influential leader.
- Works closely with CEO to manage and engage the Board of Advisors and support committees.
- Prepares presentation decks for meetings with the Board of Advisors, Ambassadors, and other executive meetings.
- Stay abreast of community industry trends, market dynamics, and competitive landscape to inform strategic decision-making.
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision.
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance.
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or other job-related discipline; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Officer or relevant leadership role; preference given to candidates with experience in driving substantial revenue growth through corporate sponsorship and membership business models in associations/membership organizations, sponsorship programs, or cyber/risk/privacy-related industries.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of professional business or association management experience managing the day-to-day operations.
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Strong business acumen and a strategic mindset, with the ability to translate vision into actionable plans.
- Proactive mindset and is a mission-driven, visionary leader able to develop and turn strategy into action.
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Working knowledge of business infrastructure and MS Office.
- Demonstrated experience in driving operational efficiency, process improvement, and change management.
- Proven track record in driving business growth and delivering results.
- Strong working knowledge of Monday.com or similar software.
- Some travel required (<15%).
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities with a track record of building high-performing teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to speak at public engagements
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities, with the aptitude to collaborate effectively across all levels of the organization and within the EWF community.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Strong ethical standards and a commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a hands-on approach.
- Passion for the Advancement of Women and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Commitment to and identification with the core values of the Diversified Search Group, EWF and our client organizations
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation for this role has a range between at $150,000 and $170,000 and is bonus eligible. The compensation package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including sabbatical time and parental leave, as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, and FSA. This is a remote role within Central or Eastern time zones.
At Diversified Search Group, we celebrate our diversity and believe that it is our differences that allow us to excel as a team and to best serve our clients and job candidates. We are an equal opportunity employer that is fully committed to creating an environment free of harassment and discrimination, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or any other legally protected characteristic.