For more than 52 years, the medical experts of Bryn Mawr Medical Specialists Association (BMMSA) have been providing personalized care to patients in the Philadelphia region. Patients have a seamless access to 80 highly trained physicians in 11 specialties and primary care. In addition to its physician practices, BMMSA also owns and operates the BMMSA Endoscopy Center, the BMMSA Heart & Vascular Center, and five medical office buildings. BMMSA maintains a close relationship with Main Line Health, with BMMSA physicians practicing at all five of the system’s hospitals.
The mission of Bryn Mawr Medical Specialists Association is to enhance the health of its patients by providing comprehensive, compassionate, coordinated care. BMMSA combines exceptional primary and specialty care for a “one chart” approach to patient-centered healthcare.
Reporting to the Board of Directors of BMMSA and working in partnership with the group’s Executive Committee, the CEO will be responsible for the continued development of a high performing and accessible multi-specialty practice which consistently provides outstanding patient and provider experience. The CEO will work closely with governance and physician leadership within BMMSA to provide a clear sense of direction in the areas of growth and strategic planning, clinical program planning and development, further expansion of ambulatory and ancillary operations, and the enhancement of administrative support services (i.e., HR, Finance, Revenue Cycle, Business Office functions). The CEO is also responsible for managing the real estate portfolio and real estate expansion as determined by the Board of Directors of BMMSA.
BMMSA seeks a seasoned, decisive leader with strong business acumen in medical management, effective physician relations and care delivery with a demonstrated track record for leading a complex organization providing excellence in clinical care and customer service. This individual will bring the ability to help position BMMSA as a recognized leader in patient care through innovative thought leadership, quality, operational excellence and customer-focused care delivery. Essential to the success of this position will be the ability to lead through both influence and authority and bring both a strategic and metrics-driven operational expertise and management to BMMSA. Mentorship of team members will also be an important key function for the new CEO in order to ensure a high-performing team that has an ability to function well independently.
Ideal Qualifications for this position include the following:
- Five+ years of management experience in a physician organization, ambulatory or outpatient environment.
- Strategic leader who politically, instinctively and operationally understands physician concerns and issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication, and listening skills and the ability to engender trust and credibility.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills accompanied by the ability to know how and when to influence, persuade, direct, challenge, and relinquish control.
- Track record of conceiving of and implementing best practices for outpatient and ambulatory care across multiple sites combined with a sophisticated understanding of complex systems.
- Entrepreneurial, creative, and resourceful.
- Ability to lead through both influence and authority and bring a strategic and metrics-driven operational expertise and management to BMMSA.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, health administration, or a related discipline; Master’s degree preferred.
The Bryn Mawr Medical Specialists Association has retained the Diversified Search Group to assist in this recruitment. For referrals or to submit a resume, please contact BMMS@divsearch.com. All expressions of interest are confidential. This is a full-time position that will be performed on site in Pennsylvania. Salary commensurate with experience.