Assistant Director, Grants & Administration
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
EYElliance is accelerating equitable access to eyeglasses for 1 billion people to create a world in which all children and adults can obtain high-quality eyeglasses where they live and learn.
EYElliance is exclusively focused on driving global and national strategies to close the gap in access to eyeglasses. We’re working to grow the ecosystem and orchestrate the actors needed to bring glasses and their profound benefits to the 1 billion people who need them. Nationally, we systematize proven models of eyeglasses delivery and help governments secure sustainable financing, enabling them to provide routine, reliable access to eyeglasses via existing health and education programs. Globally, we amplify the cause of equitable access to eyeglasses, advocate for increased financing, and bring influential new actors into the solution.
We are driven by the solvability of this problem. Solutions already exist, so we focus on mobilizing the ecosystem to deploy these proven solutions at scale. We take pride in our role as a systems orchestrator because we know it is a high-leverage, high-impact and cost-effective approach.
For more information on EYElliance, please visit the website.
Working closely with the Co-Founder and CEO, the Assistant Director will ensure timely and accurate grant writing, reporting and data as well as detailed project and process management regarding all fundraising activities.
The successful candidate will have outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail, strong verbal and written communication skills, and a drive to proactively support the execution of the organization’s development work.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure effective processing and monitoring of all grants and utilization of grants management database;
- Prepare reports, analyses, presentations, and other documents that support decision-making and tracking of progress;
- Create meeting, reporting templates, and grant letters for use;
- Assist CEO with research and analysis of potential funding initiatives and projects;
- Primarily responsible for all written materials, high quality and on time including proposals, reports, and communications with prospective and existing donors.
- Brief documents, including 1-3 pagers, LOIs, and follow up letters to potential supporters;
- Maintaining a funding pipeline document and manage the process involved with moving prospects into the pipeline;
- All organizational collateral, including creating, maintaining, and customizing as needed;
- Manage the grants calendar, ensuring timely submissions of proposals and reports.
The right candidate has sufficient experience on a fundraising team to understand the lay of the land but is motivated by finding new ways to tell an organization’s story. If you are tired of following strict formats for proposal writing, then this is the role for you. We are looking for someone who is energized by translating complicated ideas and work into compelling and easily understood narratives.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of the following professional and personal qualities, skills, and characteristics:
- Demonstrates care and respect toward coworkers, outside partners, members of the public, donors, and others with whom this role interacts;
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects with excellence and strong attention to detail;
- Appreciation for and commitment to the EYElliance mission;
- Proactive work style, self-motivated;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with the team and external partners;
- Engaging writer who can work quickly and is able to tailor their approach according to the audience;
- Experience developing proposals for both restricted and unrestricted funding sources;
- Experience tracking and reporting on multiple metric requirements and restricted funding;
- Maturity and flexibility to roll with the unpredictable rhythm of startups;
- Outstanding judgment about when to proceed independently and when to ask for direction;
- Ability to work independently most of the time, with the flexibility to switch gears quickly to a more closely engaged approach as needed;
- Experience working in a small office (3-4 people) and/or independent consulting, and will flourish working solo at times as the CEO and small team travel extensively.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $90,000-100,00 and is offered alongside a competitive benefits package. This position will report to the CEO who is based in New York, NY. This is a remote role, with a strong preference for someone to work East Coast hours.
Trisha Sutrisno and Shelby Woods of Koya Partners have been exclusively retained for this search. To express your interest in this role please submit your materials here. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Koya Partners is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals living with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual living with a disability and need assistance expressing interest online, please email NonprofitSearchOps@divsearch.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
EYElliance is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit https://diversifiedsearchgroup.com/koya-partners/.