Director of Child and Family Services
FamilyAid is Greater Boston’s leading provider of solutions to family homelessness. Our mission is to empower parents and caregivers facing homelessness to secure and sustain housing and build strong foundations for their children’s futures.
Our program model is focused on preventing homelessness whenever possible; reducing harm if homelessness can’t be avoided by getting families stably housed as quickly as possible and mitigating trauma, especially for children; and providing wraparound supports, for both children and parents, that foster long-term stability. Through this approach, we have achieved a 64% housing placement rate and a 99% retention rate, far outperforming the national averages.
Having served families for over 100 years, we are now on an exciting, fast growth trajectory. We have launched bold new strategies to reduce two-generation homelessness by dramatically increasing our prevention, housing, and supportive services for both children and parents. We have secured significant new funding to power our growth, with goals of serving more families through a deepened approach to reducing the cause, scope, and impact of homelessness.
Our supportive, collaborative, and diverse workplace is an ideal work environment for experienced, result-oriented professionals who are driven to help children and families thrive
To learn more about our work, please visit https://familyaidboston.org/.
The Director of Child and Family Services Opportunity
We are seeking a dynamic and driven Director of Child and Family Services to lead our deepening two-generation approach to serving families. Reporting to the Vice President of Programs, the Director of Child and Family Services establishes programming, partnerships, and pathways that support case managers in their work to build family well-being by intentionally and simultaneously working with children and the adults in their lives on whole-family approaches that ensure family stability. The Director of Child and Family Services will work to align systems and ensure effective service delivery to our families, coordinating across the agency and with collaborating organizations.
The Director of Child and Family Services will articulate and track cross-agency outcomes for children and adults along six key two-generation domains articulated by the Ascend Network: (1) Early Childhood Education; (2) K-12; (3) Post-Secondary Education & Employment; (4) Economic Assets; (5) Health and Well-Being; and (6) Social Capital.
Leadership and Management
- Align the two-generation model with agency-wide services to ensure we achieve our strategic and annual goals
- Work with FamilyAid’s leadership team, management, and staff in creating, evolving, and implementing two-generation practices, ensuring that two-generation and trauma-informed practices are applied across programs by providing education and counsel to supervisors and staff
- Initiate, implement, and evaluate resources, collaboration, and pathways to increase resources across the six two-generation domains for FamilyAid clients
- Manage a staff of content experts who serve as navigators for each of the six two-generation domains; provide effective supervision, goal-setting, and performance management for individual team members; and plan and facilitate ongoing team meetings
- Ensure that funds are utilized for family needs (e.g. educational support, moving assistance, emergency resources, and supports for children)
- Facilitate the team’s collaboration and cooperation across all FamilyAid departments
External Relationship Management
- Identify and build innovative, evidence-based and evidence-informed two-generation partnerships that help break the cycle of poverty and homelessness
- Maintain positive, close collaboration and significant visibility with partner providers with attention to growing and deepening relationships
- Exercise fiscal accountability to direct and oversee distribution of pass-through dollars to support children and families
- Oversee compliance with relevant contracts and grants supporting the work of two-generation Resources programs
As the incoming Director of Child and Family Services, you will demonstrate most, though perhaps not all, of the following experiences, skills, and characteristics:
- You bring 10+ years of progressive experience working to support the needs of children, parents, and caregivers, with a focus on partnering with the whole family to create meaningful change. You offer 5+ years of experience managing staff in human services programming.
- You demonstrate deep knowledge of a two-generation approach to supporting families and deep experience working in and developing or refining two-generation programs, and you approach your work with a high level of compassion and flexibility.
- You demonstrate excellent staff leadership skills, with experience motivating, directing, empowering, and retaining individual staff members and teams who work directly with clients experiencing significant trauma.
- You collaborate effectively and lead through influence with colleagues across and outside of your organization.
- You possess strong project management and organizational skills.
- You have prior experience and success serving as an external representative to partner organizations.
- You lead and serve effectively in organizations serving a diverse client base and demonstrate a high level of cultural competency. Bi-lingual skills are considered a plus.
- You work well in a fast-paced, growth- and results-oriented environment and can support your team members performing in this environment.
- You possess strong computer skills, including familiarity with management information systems and/or database programs.
- You hold a master’s degree in a relevant field such as social work, public administration, or human services.
Compensation & Benefits
This salary range for this position is $110,000 - $120,000. FamilyAid offers a competitive benefits package, including: health, dental, and vision insurance; health savings account; flexible spending account; 403(b) with employer match; generous paid time off; support for professional growth; life insurance; and employee assistance program.
FamilyAid maintains a hybrid workplace allowing work from home, the field, and our headquarters at 3815 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02130. We are open to candidates who would balance on-site work with remote work from home in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, or New Hampshire.
Koya Partners has been exclusively retained for this engagement. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume, addressed to Carla Richards, via https://talent-profile.diversifiedsearchgroup.com/search/v2/19159
Koya Partners is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals living with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual living with a disability and need assistance expressing interest online, please email NonprofitSearchOps@divsearch.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
FamilyAid Boston is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com