Chief Financial Officer
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
Jefferson is seeking candidates for their next CFO. Diversified Search Group has been exclusively retained to conduct this important search.
Jefferson, comprised of Jefferson Health and Thomas Jefferson University, is a dynamic university and health system based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with combined revenue of nearly $10 billion. As healthcare, higher education, and discovery evolved, Jefferson recognized the need for greater scale as critical to their future. In 2014 they embarked upon a strategic direction that, through a series of mergers under the Jefferson brand name, would enable a new paradigm of service in academic and community healthcare delivery, higher education, and research. Today, post seven mergers since, Jefferson Health is comprised of 18 hospitals with 3800 licensed beds, 3500 employed providers, and a health plan with 280,000 lives covered. Thomas Jefferson University has 10 colleges including Sidney Kimmel Medical College, with a total of 8200 students.
Reporting to the CEO, the CFO will serve as the top executive charged with leading Jefferson and will serve as an integral member of a dynamic, deeply engaged senior leadership team as they continue to transform and modernize the organization. The successful candidate will bring an in-depth knowledge of the financial complexities currently confronting the healthcare industry and a track record of financial operations integration and transformation to create a cohesive, aligned academic medical center. The CFO will bring demonstrated strategic, entrepreneurial, and transformational skills and experiences, while serving as a key advisor related to business opportunities created and presented by system leadership.
Key selection criteria:
- An undergraduate degree with an MBA or CPA certification required and a minimum of 15 years’ executive level financial experience within a complex, integrated and nationally recognized health system.
- Broad experience in rationalizing, integrating, and optimizing a complex, integrated health system’s financial operations.
- An executive who has demonstrated experience in serving effectively as a key and trusted advisor and business partner to a Chief Executive Officer in matters relating to system wide financial operations and strategic issues.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions as well as the resultant financial and technological systems integration, having dealt with complex financial and debt structures and strategic capital allocation issues.
- Demonstrated success elevating the efficiency of the finance function, including leveraging technology to find improvements across academic, hospital, ambulatory, and physician entities.
- The ability to lead, manage, and contribute in a quickly growing, diverse and highly complex organization which is outcomes oriented, fast-paced, and values-based.
To inquire, apply or nominate, contact Katie Haddock of Diversified Search Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-453-6971.