Chief Medical Officer, BJC Medical Group
As one of the country's largest non-profit healthcare integrated delivery organizations, BJC HealthCare (BJC) focuses on delivering services primarily in the greater St. Louis, southern Illinois, and southeast Missouri regions. With net revenues of $6 billion, BJC serves patients and their families in urban, suburban, and rural communities through its 14 hospitals and multiple community health locations. BJC Medical Group (BJCMG) is a physician-led organization employing 385 primary care and specialty physicians, 180 advanced practitioners, and a total of some 2,021 employees. BJCMG services patients across 120 practice sites covering the Greater St. Louis metropolitan area, including communities in Illinois, and Farmington and Sullivan, Missouri.
Reporting to the President of the BJC Medical Group, the CMO will oversee all Medical Directors, including the Executive Medical Director-Hospitalist Medicine, the Clinical Medical Director for Quality and Compliance, the ACO Medical Director and the Director of Post-Acute Care. The CMO will lead the Physician Leadership Council and set the tone for physician governance in the organization. This leader will also play a central role in the BJCMG’s accountable care and population health management strategy. BJCMG is leading BJC Healthcare’s foray into accountable care, pay-for-value and population health management, with 37,000 lives under a Medicare Track 3 Shared Savings Plan, and another 60,000 lives under partial-risk Medicare Advantage, Missouri Exchange and commercial contracts.
- An experienced physician executive that has demonstrable experience in an ambulatory setting.
- Comfortable working in an environment that has medical groups of varying size and geographies, matrixed structures, and able to lead a mixed clinical and administrative staff within BJC.
- A board-certified physician with a medical degree from an accredited university.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the successful application of Lean management practices and principals.
- Proven ability to lead large scale change and prioritize the implementation of multiple projects over multiple years, across a complex, matrixed organization.
- Effective, controlled, and congenial leadership presence with extraordinary influencing skills.
- Clearly knowledgeable in their field of expertise yet able to demonstrate humility and exceptional skills in developing and forging successful working relationships with executive leadership, physicians, and other key functional stakeholders.
- Able to balance his or her ability to aggressively drive for results with diplomacy and the interpersonal skills to gain consensus among a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strategic and critical thinker with an eye towards, and an appreciation for, implementation tactics.
- Keen financial intellect and strong quantitative/analytical acumen.
For more information on this role, please contact Abby Walsh at email@example.com