Senior Director of Finance
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
About The Partnership Project
Founded in 1999, we’ve had a single purpose from the beginning: to help organizations who are working to protect our environment and sustain it for future generations. As a fiscal sponsor, convener, and collaborator, we exist to support the work of our partner organizations in the environmental movement. The Partnership Project was founded to help foster collaboration and shared learning in the environmental community.
Since then, we’ve expanded our work to provide the tools and infrastructure needed to launch new campaigns and coalitions — always behind the scenes, always in service of growing and strengthening the environmental movement for all. We act as an incubator, helping foster new collaborative efforts in support of climate solutions and environmental justice. We provide the financial management and administrative support our partners need to operate more efficiently so they can focus on their work.
In order to help create an environmental movement that is more diverse, inclusive and equitable, we must acknowledge the systemic issues that have disproportionately affected marginalized communities. The Partnership Project is committed to helping support and build more capacity for groups striving for environmental justice, and to more fully support opportunities for staff growth and development throughout the environmental community.
We are guided by our values of equity, integrity, service, and innovation.
Because the work continues to evolve, so will we — guided by the belief that working together will allow us all to accomplish more.
For more information on The Partnership Project, please visit here.
The Partnership Project is seeking a Senior Director of Finance (Senior Director) to join the organization during a time of pivotal growth. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Director will play a key role in helping the Partnership Project realize its mission by providing strategic and tactical leadership in the areas of finance and systems administration. The Senior Director will lead the finance team and be responsible for implementing new processes, policies, and systems to lead the Partnership Project into the future.
The Senior Director will have day-to-day responsibility for overseeing the financial activities of the organization, serve as an adviser to the directors of our hosted programs, and update policies related to finance across the organization. With an eye towards process improvements and performance enhancements, the Senior Director will create streamlined systems to optimize the support we provide to hosted programs. The Senior Director will also be responsible for identifying opportunities and business processes to fit the needs of a growing organization including the implementation of a grants management system. In addition, they will be responsible for managing a growing finance team including direct reports and consultants.
The Senior Director will be an inspiring leader who can work closely with peers, board members, auditors, external vendors, program staff, and internal constituents to manage the financial needs of the organization. The position requires a strategic and tactical thinker with intellectual curiosity and comfort navigating a complex and evolving C3 and C4 fiscal sponsorship organization.
With a commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice, the Senior Director will embrace the importance of these initiatives throughout the organization and understand how to incorporate them into the finance team’s work.
While no one candidate will possess every quality outlined for this position, a successful candidate will bring many of the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
Passion for the Mission
- Strong commitment to The Partnership Project’s mission and values
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, complex organization where a commitment to excellent service is expected
- Excitement to build systems and processes with the ability to take a long-term, thoughtful approach to achieving organizational goals
- Enthusiasm to proactively solve problems and collaborate with a variety of different constituents
- Demonstrated experience embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice values throughout the work
- Ensures that all relevant information is compiled in financial statements, with accompanying disclosures, and presents this information to various internal and external stakeholders
- Ensures compliance with relevant internal policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations applicable to all organizational activities on both the C3 and C4 side
- Provides oversight in the areas of grants, fiscal sponsorship, risk management, contracts, and other complex financial transactions
- Manages annual audit as well as other external reporting, rating, and compliance process and procedures
Relationship Builder and Experienced Manager
- Strong manager with an excellent track record of building and sustaining excellent relationships both internally and externally
- Experience and enthusiasm to coach, mentor, and guide direct reports and other staff with an eye towards professional growth and organizational impact
- Manage relationships with programs, third party vendors, staff, lawyers, and other key constituent groups
- Contribute to fostering an organizational culture of collaboration and partnership
In addition, strong candidates will offer:
- Excellent communication skills to effectively translate complex financial information to constituents across the Partnership Project including staff of hosted programs, funders, and Board members
- Solutions-focused and results oriented with an ability to solve problems independently and in teams
- Demonstrated experience in database management and financial reporting systems
- Experience overseeing finances for a nonprofit organization, with a strong preference of both C3 and C4 compliance
Compensation & Benefits
The Partnership Project is targeting a salary range of $165,000 - $175,00 commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experiences. The Partnership Project is committed to equity in pay practices.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: The Partnership Project pays 100% of the annual premium for employee and dependent coverage for Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Retirement: The Partnership Project matches 50% of the first 6% contributed (maximum match will be 3%). You will own 100% of the match as soon as it is deposited
- Time-off: The Partnership Project offers a generation vacation package including Half-day Fridays
Koya Partners, the executive search firm that specializes in mission-driven search, has been exclusively retained for this engagement. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Alicia Salerno and Tatyana James here.
Koya Partners is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals living with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual living with a disability and need assistance expressing interest online, please email NonprofitSearchOps@divsearch.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
The Partnership Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice, and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.