Director of Operations
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
About Fidelity Foundations
The Fidelity Foundations are a group of private foundations that fund a diverse set of programs on a national scale. The Foundations are committed to advancing the long-term vibrancy of communities through capacity-building investments in non-profits from across arts and culture, education, conservation, health, and economic opportunity. We have a deep history of funding organizations in Boston and New England for over 50 years. We also support non-profits that strengthen the communities in other regions of the country where Fidelity Investments employees live and work.
Today, the Foundations are at an important and exciting stage in our organizational history, having grown and evolved in recent years under new leadership. As our strategies and organization continue to develop, we are seeking individuals with skills and expertise that support the advancement and execution of a long-term portfolio of significant and strategic philanthropic investments.
As a capacity-building funder, the Foundations seek to make catalytic, lasting investments in non-profits at strategic inflection points and support projects that substantially enhance their impact and sustainability. Our values of integrity, respect, excellence, collaboration, and a deep sense of humility guide our grantmaking which is executed quietly, and most grants carry external anonymity.
Learn more about the Foundations at: www.fidelityfoundation.org
The Director of Operations is a new position that will be responsible for advancing strategic projects in support of the Foundations’ mission and interests. The Director of Operations will serve as a partner to the VP of Operations to identify and execute a variety of projects across functions and teams, with a strong emphasis on building effective internal communications strategies to ensure shared messaging and create buy-in to various changes implemented to further the mission of the Foundations. As a leader within the organization, they will proactively conceive of and execute on strategic communications, identify opportunities for process improvement and lead change management efforts, and be a champion of the organization’s values and how they show up in all aspects of our operations. Through fostering dynamic, respectful relationships across the organization and executing on cross-cutting initiatives, they will lead on advancing the growth and continuous improvement of the organization’s communications, systems and processes.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a partner to the VP of Operations and senior leadership to advance long-term organizational success and evolution through leadership of key strategic projects related to communications, organizational culture, process improvement, and administrative effectiveness
- Lead and motivate a small team to execute a variety of projects across functional areas
- Collaborate to identify needs, create a vision, execute against an implementation plan, set deadlines, and manage others around specific projects, including the management of select vendors and partners as appropriate
- Use various strategies to build trust, collaboration, and buy-in across the Foundations team to advance to projects, policies, and systems
- Work closely with the Director of Grant Operations and the Director of Talent to understand requirements for success across the organization and work to anticipate communications and systems needs
- Write and edit a variety of communications deliverables including strategic memos, announcements, and website updates and ensure shared messaging across the organization
- Lead on the development, implementation, and ongoing oversight of the Foundations website and internal communications hub
The Director of Operations will be a highly collaborative and collegial team player who is an outstanding project manager and relationship-builder. Confident and knowledgeable while also humble and down to earth, they will bring a high level of intellect, curiosity, judgment, and interpersonal skills to the role. They will exhibit many, but likely not all, of the following experiences, attributes, and competencies:
- Minimum of ten years of related work experience; experience in non-profits or private philanthropy is strongly preferred
- Strong systems- and process-orientation with process experience as a strategic partner and an implementer, leading projects and building systems within a complex organization
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, collaborative relationships at all levels, drawing on a high degree of emotional intelligence and the ability to foster mutual trust and respect
- Strong management experience, including coaching and developing direct reports, managing others through influence, and managing up to senior leaders
- Ability to meet deadlines and work flexibly and creatively within a fast-moving, changing, and complex environment
- Skilled at gathering information related to organizational needs and translating it into strategic plans and targeted outcomes
- Experience leading through change with the ability to create buy-in and help others envision possibilities while holding others accountable
- Natural curiosity and ability to envision possibilities, with an eye towards aligning opportunities with the priorities of the Foundations
- Experience identifying and managing external vendors to execute on targeted projects
- Alignment with the Foundations values and a commitment to diversity and inclusion, a service orientation, enthusiasm for continual learning, and respect for confidentiality
Compensation & Benefits
The Fidelity Foundations offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an annual performance-based bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package.
TheFidelity Foundations are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive professional environment. We encourage applications from candidates with a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Boston, MA (proximate to Downtown Crossing); the current work environment is hybrid with all staff expected to be on site on a weekly basis.
Background Check Process
All finalist candidates for roles at the Fidelity Foundations are required to undergo a rigorous background check process.
The Fidelity Foundations are committed to safeguarding the health and well-being of our employees, grantees, and candidates. To ensure your safety as a job candidate, we will be relying on virtual interviewing and other digital communications; we may request an in-person conversation for finalists. Note that we currently require COVID-19 vaccination attestation for in-person interactions. We are committed to providing the support you need throughout the hiring and onboarding process. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility during this time.
Koya Partners has been exclusively retained for this engagement. To express interest in this role please submit your materials here. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
Koya Partners is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals living with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual living with a disability and need assistance expressing interest online, please email NonprofitSearchOps@divsearch.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.
About Koya Partners
Koya Partners, a part of Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
For more information about Koya Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.