Senior Director, Patient Experience, Children’s Medical Center, Dallas
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
Children’s Health℠ is committed to making life better for children. As one of the largest and most prestigious pediatric health care providers in the country and the leading pediatric health care system in North Texas, Children’s Health cares for children through more than 750,000 patient visits annually. The Children’s Health system includes its flagship hospital, Children’s Medical Center Dallas, as well as Children’s Medical Center Plano, Our Children’s House inpatient rehabilitation hospital, the Children’s Health Care Network, specialty centers, rehabilitation facilities and physician services. Children’s Health also serves the community with a growing network of more than 320 private pediatricians and pediatric specialists, as well as multiple programs and initiatives that reach children in community centers, schools and in their homes. Children’s Health continues to be the only North Texas organization to be ranked in 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report. Through its academic affiliation with UT Southwestern Medical Center, Children’s Health is a leader in life-changing treatments, innovative technology, and ground-breaking research. This affiliation led to establishing the Children’s Medical Center Research Institute in 2011, committed to pursuing research in regenerative medicine, cancer biology and metabolism.
Children’s Medical Center, Dallas is the flagship facility of Children’s Health with 490-beds, receiving patients from all 50 states and from around the world. Annually, Children’s Medical Center, Dallas receives more than 451,970 patient visits ranging from simple eye exams to specialized treatment in areas such as heart disease, hematology-oncology, organ transplantation and cystic fibrosis; and over 120,000 emergency room visits in the Level I Pediatric Trauma Center. Children’s Medical Center, Dallas is the major pediatric teaching and academic medical center for the UT Southwestern Medical School.
The Senior Director, Patient Experience, Children’s Medical Center, Dallas is responsible for developing, leading, monitoring, and modifying the Children’s Medical Center, Dallas approach to excellence in patient, family, and guest services. This key leader will design, develop, and oversee the implementation of the campus strategic initiatives for patient/family experience and satisfaction to create a culture of patient experience excellence. This newly created position will work in collaboration with the Children’s Medical Center, Dallas executive leadership and patient/family advisory councils to create a seamless approach to service excellence. The Senior Director, Patient Experience, Children’s Medical Center, Dallas will partner with various clinical and operational teams such as Spiritual Care, Child Life, Language Access Services, Volunteer & Guest Services, as well as other teams within the Children’s Medical Center, Dallas. This position will also champion and foster an environment that is inclusive, supportive, and enables staff to provide the best possible patient/family experience.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Proven track record of creating and or implementing comprehensive experience transformation plans for both clinical and non-clinical areas of large enterprises.
- Depth of experience in an academic pediatric or adult flagship hospital; university medical center; or safety-net hospital serving a major metropolitan area.
- Results-oriented approach with the ability to translate the overall objectives of the organization into quantitative/quantifiable experience plans and outcomes.
- Ability to analyze and translate complex organizational data and consumer-driven data into actionable recommendations, strategies, and tactics.
- Proven depth advancing patient experience in a highly competitive healthcare environment.
- Outstanding communication skills, able to convey the complex in ways that are understandable and relatable.
- Passion for people, patients, and community; appreciation of the importance of inclusive leadership.
- Understanding of how a children’s organization might differ from an adult setting.
- Ideally 5 years or more patient/customer experience as well as 2-3 years leading patient/customer experience in healthcare preferred.
- Deep knowledge of the customer experience space, inclusive of service-industry background.
- Demonstrated skills working cross-organizationally and directly leading initiatives as well as influencing other leaders. Proven ability working with diverse groups of stakeholders in and around the process of leading change. Strong collaborator and consensus builder.
- Demonstrate selfless service (serve others with an enthusiastic spirit), passionate advocacy (stand as a champion for children), commitment to excellence (drive innovation and quality care to maximize outcomes) and unwavering integrity (create an environment of trust through honesty, transparency, and authenticity).
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s preferred.
Interested applicants should submit their resume in confidence to Page Ettle at Diversified Search/Grant Cooper at email@example.com.